X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spartakid
    • Oct 2008

Re: Bryce Harper Game Used - Bible Bat

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
    To think he would be the same at 25 as he is at 17 is laughable. Hes a kid, and i would expect him to act like one. Just because he can hit a baseball, does not mean that he shouldnt be expected to act like a kid.
    Agreed, he will mature. I mean is it really reasonable to think a kid just out of high school who is now a millionaire and one of the most talked about people in baseball is going to be humble. I know that I would probably be arrogant too But yes, once he makes it to the majors, he will see that maybe he isn't as incredible as he thought.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
      • Oct 2005

Looks like a Posada bat.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
        • May 2009

Originally posted by gingi79
        While I am about as far away from religious as you can get......

Luke 1:37 "For everything is possible with God"

Not exactly offensive.
        Really???? I looked up Luke 1:37 and got this "Not even Jesus can save the Nationals"

Comment

• chakes89
          • May 2006

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
          Really???? I looked up Luke 1:37 and got this "Not even Jesus can save the Nationals"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Post of the Year!
          I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by schubert1970
            Andrew, if you get a chance, can you post some pics from your visit today?
            I got into see Bryce as the team did a lottery for 100 autographs. Did you hear what he did during Batting Practice? 3rd Deck of rightfield!!!!!!!!!!

I will post my pictures of Mark McGwire and Pujols later on another thread!

He signed for my son and daughter and my game ticket!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bryce_Harper1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	663877

Name:	Bryce_Harper2.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	663878

Name:	Bryce_Harper3.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	663879

Name:	Bryce_Harper4.jpg
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	663880

Name:	Bryce_Harper5.jpg
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	663881
            Regards,
            Andrew Lang
            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
            202-716-8500

Comment

• schubert1970
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Andrew - Awsome pics and thanks for sharing.

I was looking at the bat he used for BP and it was a Marucci with his name instead of a Bible verse.

Comment

• rj_lucas
                • Apr 2009

Did anyone else find it ironic that Harper had a ringside seat to watch Albert Pujols hit homerun #400, considering Pujols is 1) the best player of our generation (if not one of the best of all time) 2) a model of Christian faith and 3) a player drafted in the 13th round with absolutely no hype.

I wish all the best to young Mr. Harper, and encourage him to walk humbly with the Lord, while keeping in mind that just like living your faith, the game of baseball can be harder than it looks.

Rick
                rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• panthrotc
                  • Dec 2005

to the author of this thread, how much did you pay for the bible bat if you don't mind me asking..?

Comment

• schubert1970
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by panthrotc
                    to the author of this thread, how much did you pay for the bible bat if you don't mind me asking..?
                    I'm a bit embarassed to say what I paid, and I'm sure I would receive some negative comments from some forum members. It would just take away my enjoyment of having the bat if I told you how much.

I wrote Marucci Bats today to ask them how many of these bats were produced.

Bill

Comment

• mariner_gamers
                      • May 2008

Wow, I am soooooooo jealous!! That bat is awesome!! I do not buy game bats of players from teams other than the Mariners but I believe I am going to make my first exception in over a decade.
                      Davis Emburey
                      demburey@netzero.net
                      Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Comment

• bigtime59
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
                        It's a beautiful bat and it really doesn't matter what he believes in...but from what has been reported this kid in college acted like an arrogant punk on the field. He will clean it up once he grows up, but still.
                        From wherever he's currently in exile, Barry Bonds says "hi".
                        Mark
                        msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• bigtime59
                          • Nov 2005

If Harper had endorsed Verizon Wireless on the barrel of his bat, everyone here would be up in arms...and MLB would have banned the bat faster than you could say "product placement". That's what this message is: a product placement. Nothing more or less. What's next "Sarah Palin for President"?
                          A players bat should have his name, the team name and a model number. Maybe a jersey number like Miguel Cabrerra...but that's it. You want to sell something...be it a product, an ideology, whatever...do it on your own time.

Now...on to Pujols and LaRussa and the GlenBeckistan rally yesterday.
                          Mark
                          msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• MiLe HigH
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bigtime59
                            If Harper had endorsed Verizon Wireless on the barrel of his bat, everyone here would be up in arms...and MLB would have banned the bat faster than you could say "product placement". That's what this message is: a product placement. Nothing more or less. What's next "Sarah Palin for President"?
                            A players bat should have his name, the team name and a model number. Maybe a jersey number like Miguel Cabrerra...but that's it. You want to sell something...be it a product, an ideology, whatever...do it on your own time.

+1

Comment

• flota89
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by bigtime59

He isn't endorsing anything. Maybe he just wants a little reminder when he goes to bat.
                              Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                              flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• spartakid
                                • Oct 2008

I think I disagree with you guys somewhat. I think that it the kid wants to put a Bible verse on the bat, who cares. Like flota said, I don't think he's using it to try and convert people. It's not really any different than when I believe it was Delmon Young, who used bats with "Cool Larry" written on them in honor of his father. It's appears to be the same principle. Both wish to pay respect, I'm guessing, to those whom they credit their success.
                                Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

Working...