Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thome Good buy or waste of money

I don't collect Thome or game issued, but it came up on eBay and looked cheap so I bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_720wt_1137

Good buy?

Russell Wuerffel

Re: Thome Good buy or waste of money

Id think for 60 bones it was a great buy.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Nice and a great price. Congrats.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

As much as I would like to believe now that it was a great purchase and maybe it was a real game issues. It wasn't I discovered this which to me seems really bad for the game used community.

http://www.baseballsavings.com/custo...b-001b2166c2c5

By the way if anybody wants a Thome one I have one coming I will sell for 59.95 plus $10 shipping

I think that there are still differences between the bats that they sell to the public (player models) and the ones that actually go to the players. Like I believe that store models have the 125 underlines on the centerband and pro models don't. Perhaps you can ask BMH on this one.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

The one pictured in the eBay auction has no underline under the 125, but then again neither do the ones listed on the websites. I didn't do my homework before I jumped at the BIN. At least it is only $60. Could have been worse.

You may get with BMH and see if Thome ordered any no finish ash bats as the game used Thome i have is the walker? finish the head is black and the handle is natural also it is maple and has a custom tape job on the knob consistent with thome characteristics. why would Thome take the time to number the bat in the auction but not put his tape job on it ? Just wondering i would get with bmh for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ryant7 View Post
    You may get with BMH and see if Thome ordered any no finish ash bats as the game used Thome i have is the walker? finish the head is black and the handle is natural also it is maple and has a custom tape job on the knob consistent with thome characteristics. why would Thome take the time to number the bat in the auction but not put his tape job on it ? Just wondering i would get with bmh for sure.
    The bat isnt the problem, he used that style and model bat during the entire second half of the 2008 season. The problem is that they sell the game model bats retail.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Id be curious to know the differences...scary if there isn't any...
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

1 difference could be the knob stampings i have a pedroia "game issued" that has all proper markings even the date on the knob and weight etc... however there is a giant 6 stamped in the knob kinda like how they did the bats before with a 4 for 34".... and i wasnt saying it might not be game issued i was just implying if Thome took the time to mark the knob and barrel end wouldnt he have went ahead and taped it up also ? i know on my bat the tape is on the knob so think you cant see the end anymore.