Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Which Strawberry Jersey do you prefer?

Its a damn shame you put in a search and keep coming across these and of course you find them listed as Game Used.

Although the first seller is not so bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-DARRYL-STRA...efaultDomain_0

OR.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Darryl-Strawberr...efaultDomain_0

Banned

Cool Re: Which Strawberry Jersey do you prefer?

suave:

Soemtimes things work out in the end.

The first seller has 6 minutes to go with a $175 opening bid and no bids.

Seller #2 received no bids (auction has ended) with a $9.99 starting point.

Dave Miedema

Re: Which Strawberry Jersey do you prefer?

And to this date, the only real 1990 Strawberry jersey I have ever seen (or could say have ever trusted) is the one hanging on my wall... it's a SET 2 with good use, including blood stains. Btw, it is the only Set 2 1990 Strawberry I have ever seen... I have however come across about 2 or 3 dozen Set 1s... (rolls eyes)
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    suave:

Soemtimes things work out in the end.

The first seller has 6 minutes to go with a $175 opening bid and no bids.

Seller #2 received no bids (auction has ended) with a $9.99 starting point.

Dave Miedema
    Dave the problem is neither one is Game Used. Or a Game Jersey of any sort.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    And to this date, the only real 1990 Strawberry jersey I have ever seen (or could say have ever trusted) is the one hanging on my wall... it's a SET 2 with good use, including blood stains. Btw, it is the only Set 2 1990 Strawberry I have ever seen... I have however come across about 2 or 3 dozen Set 1s... (rolls eyes)
    I am still waiting for a Road Jersey to pop up. It's amazing all you see is Home set 1's. Where did all the Road Jerseys go????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Dave the problem is neither one is Game Used. Or a Game Jersey of any sort.
    And that's why I say things are working out....collectors are apparently smarter now than in the past (much of it thanks to our forum) and rejected these for what they weren't, and misdescribed items, either by ignorance or by willful intent, aren't selling. Until one or both is offered again and this thread is revived, I see it as a win for the good guys, albeit a small one.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    And that's why I say things are working out....collectors are apparently smarter now than in the past (much of it thanks to our forum) and rejected these for what they weren't, and misdescribed items, either by ignorance or by willful intent, aren't selling. Until one or both is offered again and this thread is revived, I see it as a win for the good guys, albeit a small one.

Dave Miedema
    Dave I agree a 100%!!

But best believe it's with ill intent because the second posting I contacted the seller to inform him what he has and what it is not and with getting no bids still relisted it as Game Used.

The first seller has not listed it as Game Used specifically but if you notice has listed it as a "Game Jersey" even though in his description he says it "doesn't show any use" could still lead someone to believe "well maybe it's a game issued??"
    Some in an inadvertent way im sure he knows what he is doing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Dave I agree a 100%!!

But best believe it's with ill intent because the second posting I contacted the seller to inform him what he has and what it is not and with getting no bids still relisted it as Game Used.

The first seller has not listed it as Game Used specifically but if you notice has listed it as a "Game Jersey" even though in his description he says it "doesn't show any use" could still lead someone to believe "well maybe it's a game issued??"
    Some in an inadvertent way im sure he knows what he is doing.
    The jerseys are similar to game used jerseys as far as the sellers can tell. The fact that they are jerseys made for The Score Board that were mass produced and distributed as the same jersey the player wears personally autographed by the player is what creates such controversy. The Score Board didn't think (or care) that one day these jersey would be massively retailed as game used jerseys, but for a seller to sell these as "game issued" jersey is not wrong - They are tagged for game use, thus making them "game issued" as far as any seller is concerned.

Even if they are not properly tagged, the seller sees set tagging and assumes a game style jersey, which sellers will classify as game issued, assuming it is the same style of jersey that could have been worn in a game.

How the second jersey in this thread happens to show game use is amazing since this jersey was autographed by Straw but never worn in a game by him. I would assume the seller bought the item as game used and doesn't want to believe the truth.