Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strasburg has a torn ulnar collateral ligament - May Need Tommy John Surgery

Breaking News on ESPN, just reported that Strasburg has a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He will likely undergo Tommy John surgery, which will limit or make him miss the entire 2011 season.

Re: Strasburg has a torn ulnar collateral ligament - May Need Tommy John Surgery

That is crushing to the Nats team and front office.... wow. Also makes you think when paying thousands for prospects game used items, but that is a different topic.

Wow...
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Re: Strasburg has a torn ulnar collateral ligament - May Need Tommy John Surgery

Dibble looks like more of an ass today.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/08/23/r...ld-suck-it-up/
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Banned

Crushing to the Nats team and Fron Office??

I would think it's more crushing to the kid. Imagine as being touted as the AROD or Nolan if you prefer of Pitching and now your future is uncertain

Banned

In case anyone is interested I got a Straburg rookie card im willing to sell for a measly $100k?

Anyone interested.......anyone?

(To the tone of Bueller, Bueller)

I am scared to visit some of the old Strasburg threads talking about items picked up and prices. Out 12-18 months and then pitcher usually is not as sharp coming back right away. See you in 2013 S.S.

Somebody mentioned it on another board, he just gets that much closer to arbitration during his time he is out. Double kick in the guy to the Nats.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Should the way that the Nationals handle their pitchers be called into question with Zimmerman going down last year and Strasburg this year????? Seems to me they may be the LA Clippers of MLB.

Somehow i knew this would happen, i kept thinking to myself "if he gets hurt everyone is going to be crushed" and bingo, 10k for a signed gu ball dont look so good.

Banned

Who is surprised? This is the rule not the exception. Its not the Nats fault it is just the nature of pitching. Some guys are just naturally durable like Maddux, CC Sabathia and Glavine. Those guys pitched year after year without getting major injuries.

Thanks for coming Strasburg...I hope he makes it back but he will definitely not be the same pitcher. To bad for the Nats. Hopefully Bryce Harper proves more durable.

Although on a lesser scale the A's have a promising young Latin pitcher who got a nice chunk of change too that is having the same surgery.