Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Stephen Strasburg GU items

this guys young and will be back strong. i of course would be interested in anything from strasburg and was offered thru a dealer a strasburg knit jersey. i went thru pages of photos and there are tons of photos of him pitching. in all the photos are the vents on the side underneath the arm which means Coolbase. i saw that strasburg knit jersey posted in the august pickups and i don't get it. it was the same jersey i was offered for 5,000. what a joke. show me 1 photo of him wearing any knit jerseys. to me that calls in question any item form that seller.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Keep in mind that the only items on the market are GU baseballs, misc. stuff i.e. rosin bags and specialty jerseys from games he did not appear in. Stuff that traditionally does not hold its value well regardless of player.
    a strikeout ball of his sold on mlb.com for 20,000 in a auction. his real stuff will do well. i am hoping to find some quality items at discount prices. i don't even collect this guy as i just do Texas teams and the Saints. this guy was fun to watch and i travel to washington for business all the time and got lucky to see him. Glad his surgery went good. i am sure we will see some great items of his on auctions.

Mattingly85MVP

here's some proof of the drop in price
    game worn jersey from his 1st start in AAA- auction just ended
    http://www.milbauctions.com/auctiond...uctionnbr=3256

game worn jersey from his start on May 29- auction ended Aug 23
    http://syracusechiefs.milbauctions.c...uctionnbr=3026

$705, down from $3000

I was in on the bidding for the jersey that just ended, but no way I was going over 500 for it, too many question marks as to what kind of player he becomes after recovering for 1-2 years and being out of the game

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    this guys young and will be back strong. i of course would be interested in anything from strasburg and was offered thru a dealer a strasburg knit jersey. i went thru pages of photos and there are tons of photos of him pitching. in all the photos are the vents on the side underneath the arm which means Coolbase. i saw that strasburg knit jersey posted in the august pickups and i don't get it. it was the same jersey i was offered for 5,000. what a joke. show me 1 photo of him wearing any knit jerseys. to me that calls in question any item form that seller.
    I have about 50 pics of him during Arizona Fall League (all taken by me) that show home and away knit jerseys, not cool base.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    I have about 50 pics of him during Arizona Fall League (all taken by me) that show home and away knit jerseys, not cool base.
    With Arizona Fall League, Spring Training, Minor Leagues, team appearances, each jersey has a different valuation to collectors versus actual use in a regular season MLB game.

It is good news that he wore a knit in the AFL but again disclosure and valuation is the key.

Name:  strasburg_arizonafallleague.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  29.2 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500