Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NL MVP Race should go to the wire!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Will Pujols whine again if he doesn't win it?
    If Pujols wins it will be the biggest joke ever. His slump and the team's collapse went hand in hand. They are behind a team that has half the talent and experience they do. They have Holliday, Pujols, Carpenter, Garcia and Wainwright few teams in baseball have a core that good. The Reds have Votto but beyond him who is really on the star level?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Well Prado and Infante are teammates and both up there as well (though as we all know Omar does not have the PAs yet) so is there a Turner Field effect also? And Prado and Infante are to phrase this lightly on the less talented side when compared to Tulo and Cargo.
    That is a good point when you pull up the splits between Prado and Infante they are much more favorable at home in terms of BA. Turner field is more of a pitchers park due to humidity keeping the ball down. Prado although only became an everyday player late last year and hit over .300 then so I don't think you can rule out the fact that he has as much talent as a Tulo or Cargo yet.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Banned

After today it is safe to say another year will pass without a TC. Seems impossible for Cargo to make up seven homers in three weeks.

After today it is safe to say another year will pass without a TC. Seems impossible for Cargo to make up seven homers in three weeks.
    At least before Sunday's game he was 10 points above everyone in the batting title. I estimated that you can penalize Infante 17 at bats at the end of the season for not reaching the 502 plate appearance mark. So that 0 fer 17 "streak" really put a dent in Infante's chances.

My calculations:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I added incorrectly the number of games played. Should be 144 not 148 so the extra 4 games I missed at the 4.6 PA per game average the past 30 games should make him eligible without penalty. So its should be a tight race with Infante currently ahead.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I added incorrectly the number of games played. Should be 144 not 148 so the extra 4 games I missed at the 4.6 PA per game average the past 30 games should make him eligible without penalty. So its should be a tight race with Infante currently ahead.
    He actually is currently at 426 PA and 398 AB. You have him at 421 and 393 through yesterday.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    He actually is currently at 426 PA and 398 AB. You have him at 421 and 393 through yesterday.
    Thanks Russell.

I was working off Yahoo to figure out the PA rate for the past 30 days and using ESPN for the actual PA since it had stats for SF and SH which is part of PA. So the 5 extra PA is from Sundays game. So Infante has some leeway to quality and not be penalized. Over the past 30 days, he is hitting leadoff and does not seem to take a rest day.

Correction added.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Thanks Russell.

I was working off Yahoo to figure out the PA rate for the past 30 days and using ESPN for the actual PA since it had stats for SF and SH which is part of PA. So the 5 extra PA is from Sundays game. So Infante has some leeway to quality and not be penalized. Over the past 30 days, he is hitting leadoff and does not seem to take a rest day.

Correction added.
    This is all fascinating but whether or not Infante wins BA title has no bearing on the TC. Pujols' average is too low. Cargo and Votto don't have enough homers and there are a slew of players besides those three with similar homer or RBI totals. If he wins he goes down as worst player to ever win a ba title which right now is probably Bill Mueller.

This is all fascinating but whether or not Infante wins BA title has no bearing on the TC. Pujols' average is too low. Cargo and Votto don't have enough homers and there are a slew of players besides those three with similar homer or RBI totals. If he wins he goes down as worst player to ever win a ba title which right now is probably Bill Mueller.
    I will take the worst guy ever to win a BA title on my team anyday. I mean it isn't exactly an insult to say you are the worst player ever to win a batting title. Sammy Sosa is the worst player to ever hit 600 home runs, but guess what? He has 600 HOME RUNS!!!
    Russell Wuerffel
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

I never said it had any bearing on the Triple Crown. I was saying that there is consolation if Cargo get the batting crown. I actually did the calculation because I know Chris is really interested in Carlos Gonzalez chances of winning a batting title and knowing the estimated penalty would make it easier to keep track of Infante realized batting average. I intially thought Infante would not meet the threshold for qualifying and that the penalty for not meeting the 502 PA plateau would help Cargo's cause but that is not the case.

Anyways every batting title is treasured. Not many MLB players can say they have a batting title so if Infante get one that an accomplishment that he can be very proud of.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com