Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: NL MVP Race should go to the wire!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    I can't say it enough, Omar Infante is going to win the batting title so there is not going to be a triple crown.
    I disagree. Atlanta has 29 games remaining. If, somehow, Infante were to keep up his pace he's at and play every game, his batting average would stay at .341 (because hes keeping same pace), and he would finish the season with 473 PA (leaving an 0-29 at the end of the season).

His true average would be: 151/443 --> .341
    His batting title average would be: 151 / 472 --> .320

So, if CarGo or Votto were to keep up their averages (which is more likely than Infante keeping up his) they would both have higher averages than Infante....

In my opinion, Omar Infante wont win the Batting Title.

More likely than Infante keeping up his, his average is over .400 since becoming an everyday player a month ago. He is now at .346. He is on pace to get enough plate appearances to reach 502. Last night they moved him to shortstop to keep him in the game and getting at bats. With Chipper out he will play everyday until the end of the season. Last 10 games he is averaging 4.7 plate appearances per game. Leading off in the batting order he will continue to get that. He only needs 4.5 per game to reach 502. It is about time you guys wake up to the idea that this guy is the leading candidate for the batting title.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Cargo hit home run number 31 and now has an average of.331
    I think it will come down simply to has the best end to the season

Banned

More likely than Infante keeping up his, his average is over .400 since becoming an everyday player a month ago. He is now at .346. He is on pace to get enough plate appearances to reach 502. Last night they moved him to shortstop to keep him in the game and getting at bats. With Chipper out he will play everyday until the end of the season. Last 10 games he is averaging 4.7 plate appearances per game. Leading off in the batting order he will continue to get that. He only needs 4.5 per game to reach 502. It is about time you guys wake up to the idea that this guy is the leading candidate for the batting title.
    i think everyone realizes it is a possibility but alot of people are rooting against it because they want to see a triple crown. most of us have never seen one or were too young in 67 to have appreciated it. for the first time in some many years there is genuine excitement about it and a realistic chance of it actually happening.this may be the only time many of us will see it in our lifetimes.

Cargo increased his BA to .335 (Votto .324, Pujols fading fast at .311)

Cargo gained 1 RBI on Votto (now 3 back with 95, Votto with 98, Pujols at 96)

No HRs for any of them so they stay Cargo 31, Votto 32, Pujols 35.

If they all stay on their current (past week pace) Cargo will walk away with the Triple Crown.

Cargo needs 3 RBI to catch up (1 to tie Albert) and 4 HR to catch up (1 to tie Votto).

Unless Infante by some miracle keeps it up and gets the requisite 502 PAs to steal the batting title, Cargo's .011 lead with less than a month to go will be tough to crack unless he hits a slump and Pujols or Votto go hot...

Just updating what I originally said - NL MVP race should go to the wire as well a possible Triple Crown title!!!

- Chris

Carlos Gonzalez will not win the Triple Crown, even with the altitude assist. He may win the batting title, but even that seems doubtful IMO. His current average will come under severe pressure given the pitching (Reds, Padres, Giants, Cardinals) he will face between now and the end of the season.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Banned

Way too early to even discuss this. Though I am guilty of chiming in I admit. There are so many players so close in these categories that if someone misses a few games due to a minor injury or gets cold for a week it could drastically alter the current stat leaders. Plus there are vultures all around. Prince Fielder or Adam Dunn could win the homer title. Infante could win the BA title.

As of close of business Sunday:

Gargo

BA - .340
    HR - 31
    RBI - 97

Votto

BA - .321
    HR - 32
    RBI - 98

Pujols

BA - .309
    HR - 35
    RBI - 97

Infante

BA - .339
    HR - 7
    RBI - 39
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now Cargo is within 4 HRs of Pujols and 1 RBI of Votto AND, his Avg is now above Infante.

This justs gets more exciting by the day!!! Another 'race' to follow besides the pennant race!

All the best -

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    As of close of business Sunday:

Gargo

BA - .340
    HR - 31
    RBI - 97

Votto

BA - .321
    HR - 32
    RBI - 98

Pujols

BA - .309
    HR - 35
    RBI - 97

Infante

BA - .339
    HR - 7
    RBI - 39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now Cargo is within 4 HRs of Pujols and 1 RBI of Votto AND, his Avg is now above Infante.

This justs gets more exciting by the day!!! Another 'race' to follow besides the pennant race!

All the best -

Chris
    Hey thanks for the inclusion. Cargo is definitely running away with it.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Hey thanks for the inclusion. Cargo is definitely running away with it.
    Russell -

I think my original title to the thread still stands on it's own merits...

"NL MVP Race should go to the wire!!!!"

I guess a subtitle could have been:

"And possibly the 1st MLB Triple Crown since 1967 (1st NL Triple Crown since 1937)"

It's going to be a fun September!!!

- Chris