Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Abdul-Jabbar Slams Upper Deck Card Company

In a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ ... Kareem claims The Upper Deck Company plastered 6 Kareem pics from his days as a UCLA Bruin on its "Greats of the Game" series.

Kareem ... who is the NBA's all-time leading scorer with 38,387 points ... claims Upper Deck had the audacity to market the cards after he turned them down flat.

The lawsuit, filed by legal pit bull Marty Singer, notes that when Kareem left the NBA, he blocked more shots, won more Most Valuable Player awards, played in more All-Star Games and logged more seasons than any other player. Shockingly, Singer makes no mention of Kareem's epic performance in the greatest movie of all time -- "Airplane!"

The lawsuit seeks more than $1 million in damages.

Banned

Re: Abdul-Jabbar Slams Upper Deck Card Company

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    In a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ ... Kareem claims The Upper Deck Company plastered 6 Kareem pics from his days as a UCLA Bruin on its "Greats of the Game" series.

Kareem ... who is the NBA's all-time leading scorer with 38,387 points ... claims Upper Deck had the audacity to market the cards after he turned them down flat.

The lawsuit, filed by legal pit bull Marty Singer, notes that when Kareem left the NBA, he blocked more shots, won more Most Valuable Player awards, played in more All-Star Games and logged more seasons than any other player. Shockingly, Singer makes no mention of Kareem's epic performance in the greatest movie of all time -- "Airplane!"

The lawsuit seeks more than $1 million in damages.
    What year were these cards produced?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    What year were these cards produced?
    2010?

But why would there be an autograph card in the set if Kareem turned UD down?

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAREEM-ABDUL-JAB...item27b49302af
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I would argue that his performance in Conan the Destroyer, opposite Arnold, outshines AIRPLANE!

wade

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    2010?

But why would there be an autograph card in the set if Kareem turned UD down?

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAREEM-ABDUL-JAB...item27b49302af

It could be one of those sticker autographs

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    I would argue that his performance in Conan the Destroyer, opposite Arnold, outshines AIRPLANE!

wade
    I would argue that his performance in Enter the Dragon, opposite Bruce Lee, outshines Conan the Destroyer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSoX6qB9N0
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post

wade
    That would be Wilt...

I would argue that his performance in Enter the Dragon, opposite Bruce Lee, outshines Conan the Destroyer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSoX6qB9N0
    Kareem appeared in "Game of Death" opposite Bruce Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Kareem appeared in "Game of Death" opposite Bruce Lee.
    my bad. i searched enter the dragon kareem on youtube and got that video, but now i see the caption says game of death. anyways, here's where tarantino got his idea for uma thurman's outfit for killbill.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

my bad. i searched enter the dragon kareem on youtube and got that video, but now i see the caption says game of death. anyways, here's where tarantino got his idea for uma thurman's outfit for killbill.
    No biggie! What's really bothersome (to me at least) is I've seen UCLA throwback jerseys with Abdul-Jabbar on the back. If you're going to make a throwback at least try to be historically correct and use Alcindor even though that's not his name anymore.