Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let me see you Votto Stuff

Big Votto fan, just looking to see what everyone has....any good stories about encounters with Votto? Thanks

Anyone selling any Votto stuff shoot me an email cody8_33@hotmail.com

Re: Let me see you Votto Stuff

The bottom bat in the picture is my only Votto game used item. As for experience, the guy will come over and sign all the time but does not really get into deep conversation. My experiences have only been inside the ballpark, so it's understandable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I met Votto at a signing at Cardboard Heroes. I was there before the signing talking to a guy at the counter and no one else was in the store at the time. Suddenly someone walks up behind me and says to the other guy in a low voice..."Hi, I'm Joey Votto and I'm here to sign some stuff". I thought it was a joke at first until I turned around and saw him. I remained "composed" and said hello and told him my two sons voted about 300 times for him in the supplemental All-Star vote. He looked me in the eye very seriously and said "please tell them I said thank you...really I mean it, please tell them I said thanks". He's clearly not the outgoing type, but he is very sincere and polite. He was great with the kids getting autographs, but he didn't look comfortable getting so much attention. I asked him to personalize the picture he was signing to my 8 year old son. He wrote "To Ryan, from your Buddy, Joey Votto". He's quickly become my favorite player for both on the field and off the field exploits.

There was a good article about him in the recent SI. He seems like a good guy with a good head on his shoulders.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Dave4Reds View Post
    I met Votto at a signing at Cardboard Heroes. I was there before the signing talking to a guy at the counter and no one else was in the store at the time. Suddenly someone walks up behind me and says to the other guy in a low voice..."Hi, I'm Joey Votto and I'm here to sign some stuff". I thought it was a joke at first until I turned around and saw him. I remained "composed" and said hello and told him my two sons voted about 300 times for him in the supplemental All-Star vote. He looked me in the eye very seriously and said "please tell them I said thank you...really I mean it, please tell them I said thanks". He's clearly not the outgoing type, but he is very sincere and polite. He was great with the kids getting autographs, but he didn't look comfortable getting so much attention. I asked him to personalize the picture he was signing to my 8 year old son. He wrote "To Ryan, from your Buddy, Joey Votto". He's quickly become my favorite player for both on the field and off the field exploits.
    LOL, you hit the nail on the head. When I first met him in the clubhouse I made a joke about changing his bats and I thought the man was going to freak out. He is a very serious person, but he does lighten up around people he knows. Chuck has been trying to get him into a contract but Joey doesn't like the idea of signing for ten years. He texted Chuck back, "I don't mind us dating, but I don't want to marry you"
    Brian Hillerich

I've got 3 of his Louisville Slugger M356 bats, 2 from this year and 1 from last. 1 is an MLB authenticated HR bat and I believe the other 2 are also HR bats. Will post pics, but all 3 are in different places right now.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Thats funny bmh. If i wasnt a team collector he'd be one of the guys id definately ad to my collection.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Havent read the story in SI yet but I'm excited to...heres a link to a great story about Votto when he was going through some of his stress problems

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...ck-190494.html

I have had a few short interactions with him he was really quiet and polite... I just hope that his lack of "superstar personality" dosent cost him MVP votes this year. Also I think its refreshing to see a top 10 player in the league that isnt a "show me" type of player that is all about himself. Everytime he is interview he tries to take the attention off of himself and put it on the team in a positive way.

Haven't had time to take pics, but here's what I have:

2007 Louisville Bats B.P. jersey
    2007 Louisville Bats Alt. black jersey
    2009 Reds B.P. jersey
    2009 Reds Turn Back the Clock full uniform
    2010 All Star B.P. jersey
    2006-07 LVS blonde minor league bat w/label peeled off
    2008 LVS inscribed "game used 08" with his rookie stats
    2009 LVS 125th Ann'y bat
    2010 LVS home run bat
    2007 Nike spikes from his first call-up with the Reds
    2009 fielding glove
    2010 batting helmet
    2010 Franklin batting gloves (2 pairs, both given to me by Joey)

-Josh

ESPN did a really nice segment on Joey Votto. I like hoe he knows the history of the game and is a guy that doesnt crave the limelight.