Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Re: September pick-ups

I just picked up this 2005-06 BP jersey from Hartel Sports. It was sold to me as a Jeremy Accardo jersey, but could also have been worn by David Bush who was with the Jays in 2005 and also wore #49.

This past Saturday the Blue Jays had their annual garage sale. I managed to pick up a bunch of items for my collection.

Game used bats from:
    -Travis Snider
    -Adam Lind
    -Aaron Hill
    -Scott Rolen
    -Shaun Marcum (Marcum model, but has #19 on knob and Marco Scutaro's tape job)
    -Scott Richmond

2009 Jackie Robinson Day jerseys from Michael Barrett (he hit his only homerun of the season that day) and Jesse Carlson (who signed it about 20 minutes after purchase):

A signed game used helmet from Gregg Zaun. Helmet shows great use, and Zaun wrote "Have a plan" on the padding inside:

And finally, a 2010 team issued Dustin McGowan locker name plate:

-Pam

Quote Originally Posted by sugarpam View Post
    I just picked up this 2005-06 BP jersey from Hartel Sports. It was sold to me as a Jeremy Accardo jersey, but could also have been worn by David Bush who was with the Jays in 2005 and also wore #49.

This past Saturday the Blue Jays had their annual garage sale. I managed to pick up a bunch of items for my collection.

Game used bats from:
    -Travis Snider
    -Adam Lind
    -Aaron Hill
    -Scott Rolen
    -Scott Richmond

2009 Jackie Robinson Day jerseys from Michael Barrett (he hit his only homerun of the season that day) and Jesse Carlson (who signed it about 20 minutes after purchase):

A signed game used helmet from Gregg Zaun. Helmet shows great use, and Zaun wrote "Have a plan" on the padding inside:

-Pam
    Wow, quite the haul, Pam! I was wondering whether or not it was worth it to go to the garage sale this year -- they didn't specify whether or not they would be selling GU items, so I wasn't sure. Anyways, looks like I'll be a lock to go next year!
    ------------------------------------
    My Blue Jays Collection

In that the September Pick-up column started with a Brandon Allen item, my September pickup is a LOS DBACKS, Brandon Allen Jersey with photo.
    Also managed to pickup a pair of batting gloves, game used bat, and three
    auto baseballs courtesy of Chris (X-press)

Just made a deal with the washington capitals for alot of really nice stuff, ill have pictures on saturday mostly backstrom and some ovechkin

Quote Originally Posted by sugarpam View Post

Game used bats from:
    -Travis Snider
    -Adam Lind
    -Aaron Hill
    -Scott Rolen
    -Scott Richmond

-Pam

Nice! What were the prices like on the bats/jerseys? Regular as always? or discounted?
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Good month for my Brandon Allen collection. Thanks to Jeff Perro, I got the LVS bat, and just today I got the Old Hickory (used during time when he didn't tape his handles) from BPH:

Name:  allen collection oct 1 2010 006.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  allen collection oct 1 2010 007.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  49.0 KB

Matt Nokes GU Louisville Slugger from 1990 - due to knob markings, it was most likely used while he was with the Tigers before he was traded to the Yankees:

No one wants to start an October Pick Ups thread??

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    No one wants to start an October Pick Ups thread??
    You're right. I did receive it a couple of days ago, so it still works for September. I think somebody already posted a new October thread.