Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AL MVP Race

Re: AL MVP Race

Right now my vote would go to Cabrera with Hamilton a close second. If someone wins it besides one of those two I won't understand why.

Cabrera is having a Pujols type year with he bat. I know Hamilton leads in avg but Cabrera leads in rbi's. To me rbi's is more important. How many times has Cabrera been intentionally walked or pitched around this year with 1st base open and runners in scoring position, as well if he had a stud hitting behind him like Hamilton has Guerrero.... no telling what his numbers would be at this point. I think if Detroit was in first place, Cabrera would be a run away. To bad it may cost him an MVP this year cause he plays on a bad team.

Who ever blows up this last month will win.

Hamiltons 23 point lead in the batting title over cabrera. He is also within shot of the hr's. Also, when it comes to playing the field Cabrera couldnt hold josh hamilton's jock.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Hamiltons 23 point lead in the batting title over cabrera. He is also within shot of the hr's. Also, when it comes to playing the field Cabrera couldnt hold josh hamilton's jock.

Well, heck with Cabrera holding his jock.....JH won't even be holding a bat the rest of the season. MG just won the MVP. Go Miggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think J Hamilton is just day to day on the injury report isn't he?
    I think its his award to lose. Will be tough to give it to MC with the tigers so far out of playoff contention.

Shubert perhaps you should quit watching the national sports media. They will do whatever it takes to help out one of their big market teams. Hes played pretty much every game this season, and his body is a little worn down. He bruised his ribcage on a play that Miggy wouldnt of even been close to making.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Hope he can finish the season. Wouldnt mind seeing him sit out for a week or even take some time on the DL, if it makes him fresh for the playoff run.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

If I were a Texas fan Hamilton's MVP chances would not be on my mind it would be the fact that Lee is hurting and the team is slipping. They have the SIXTH best record in the AL despite playing in the weakest division therein (the other three teams are all sub .500). In the Al East they would be in fourth place and 11 games out of first. They are ten games below .500 against the AL East and four games under .500 outside their bandbox and they will start playoffs on road against the AL East division winner. If Hamilton and Lee don't get healthy for the playoffs a sweep may be in the cards.

You know none of that stuff means jack in the playoffs. The way the teams been playing lately i hope they dont take a que from the mets of the last decade and choke.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Shubert perhaps you should quit watching the national sports media. They will do whatever it takes to help out one of their big market teams. Hes played pretty much every game this season, and his body is a little worn down. He bruised his ribcage on a play that Miggy wouldnt of even been close to making.
    http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...ers_migue.html

Go Miggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post

Imagine what kind of numbers Miggy would have if he played in the Rangers launching pad.

Three intentional walks shy of Ted Williams AL record, pretty impressive.