Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AL MVP Race

AL MVP Race

Would anyone like to provide their opinions on the possible AL MVP race? I would have to think Josh Hamilton is the leading contender by virtue of the season he is having and the Rangers looking like they will win their division. Does anyone esle have a differing opinion....Cabrera, Bautista (despite his BA), Konerko?

I would love to hear what others think.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Re: AL MVP Race

Chris I agree on Josh Hamilton but as the other ones you mentioned.

Bautista and Konerko have been pure beasts this season and I think thats going to play a lot into it who they pick.
    I think many were expecting Konerko to start dwindling down this season and that didnt happen.
    As far as Jose, well that says it all there lol - Who would of expected he would be such a HR Hitting machine. Don't get me wrong he had shown some flashes of power in his past but nothing like this.

Banned

JOSH HAMILTON no question once the Rangers clinch the playoffs!

I think the last month of the season will be HUGE for one of these guys to pull away & win the MVP...its just that close...right now I would have to go w/ Hamilton too, followed by Cabrera, Konerko & Bautista in that order..this month will tell the story.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

If you look beyond hitting, getting to watch hamilton play the field everyday has been awesome. Hope hamilton wins, and i hope i get to finally go to a playoff games.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I think Hamilton has it in the bag, with Robinson Cano coming in second.

If the problems Hamilton is having with his knee don't sideline him and he continues as he has he should win. He has truly proved to be a five tool player this year. Most of the others are considered only for their hitting. Hamilton's overall game put him way head if it is considered. He is probably the only one that has scored from second base twice on an infield single.

Banned

Id vote for Miguel Cabbera without hesitation. Hamilton would be second Texeria would be third. Cabbera is in a putrid lineup and is only AL player in top 3 in all triple crown categories. Texiera makes the list because of his great all around game and since June he as much as Cano has carried the Yanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Id vote for Miguel Cabbera without hesitation. Hamilton would be second Texeria would be third. Cabbera is in a putrid lineup and is only AL player in top 3 in all triple crown categories. Texiera makes the list because of his great all around game and since June he as much as Cano has carried the Yanks.
    DITTO

I'm not sure that Texas offense is that much better than Detroit's. They have had almost no production from first base, usually a key offensive position, and catcher all year. Cruz has been out of the lineup and on the DL several times as has Kinsler and Vlad, after a red hot start, hardly hit the ball out of the infield for a month after the All Star game. And Andrus and Young have not gotten on base regularly in front of Hamilton the second half of the year.