Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Lelands Rose Jacket

Forum Members-
    Please see the attached photo of a "Pete Rose game worn Phillies jacket" currently in the Lelands auction.

http://lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=1146&auctionid=605

I have owned dozens of this knit style, and likewise, had other Phillies collectors own this style, too. I have Schmidt's 1980 jacket, Carlton's 1982 and Garry Maddox's 1983. I have never seen another one with the number of the palyer sewn on the sleeve. I have searched for several hours through my Phillies photos of the 1979-1983 teams, and again, can't locate a photo. I have also asked my fellow Phillies collectors if they have ever seen this style of jacket with a number sewn on the sleeve-again, not a single person has ever seen this.

Can a fellow Forum Reader please provide a photo of either their circa 1979-1983 Phillies jacket with a number on the sleeve, a photo of any Phillies player wearing this style, or better yet, Rose wearing this style jacket with the number on the sleeve. I'm a bidder once I see a photo or another example from a collector.

I'm always open to learning, however, have done my homework and can't seem to locate a photo.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Lelands Rose Jacket

Howard,

I have been collecting game used Phillies equipment and uniforms for several years now and have NEVER seen a jacket with the numbers on the sleeve. This includes research on items from my collection, picture documentation and several videos from that era. I know Gold Medal Sporting Goods in the Philadelphia and NJ Area sold these jackets as well, same as issued to the team. Someone must have customized it and added the sleeve numbers.

This piece is way too suspect for my hard earned money. I'm staying away.

I see your point guys. I will try to locate a photo also. If anyone else comes across a photo in the meantime, please let me know.

Howard, if you would like to see the jacket in person, I will gladly send it to you.

If no one finds a photo in the next 10 days, I will pull it from the auction.

Thanks for the insight.

Mike Heffner

Banned

Mike-
    I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Likewise, thanks for the offer of sending me the jacket, however, until it can be proven that Rose (or for that matter, any Phillies player) wore this style jacket, I'll pass.

Please let me know what you discover in your photo search.

All the best.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heffner
    I see your point guys. I will try to locate a photo also. If anyone else comes across a photo in the meantime, please let me know.

Howard, if you would like to see the jacket in person, I will gladly send it to you.

If no one finds a photo in the next 10 days, I will pull it from the auction.

Thanks for the insight.

Mike Heffner