Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Going to see Vida Blue today!

The Richmond Flying Squirrels are going to have Vida Blue throw out the first pitch and sign autos today. I've already dug out a pile of stuff to try to get signed (for the kids, of course).

Re: Going to see Vida Blue today!

I remember going to an event where Blue was signing and he was strict about signing only one item. Not sure if that was his policy or the promoters but I asked him to sign one additional card and he wouldn't do it. Good luck!

I met him at a meet and greet at Spring Training. He's wonderful and funny man. Great sense of humor. I saw him coming and asked him to sign something. He said, "You don't even know who I am." And I didn't. Great, great guy!!!

I met him one time before as well. He was doing some promo thing in Nashville at the baseball winter meetings.

Have a great time! We saw our first game at The Diamond on July 2 and had a blast. Had my eye on the two Erie staff (Nevin and Burris) to sign (for my kids) but just managed to get Ross Grimsley.....what a great park and a huge time we had.

Vida was as cordial as a man could be! He threw out the 1st pitch and still looked like he had the stuff at age 61.

I brought 4 cards and a bunch of photos that I was able to print out on my laser printer. We were limited to one auto per person so I let everyone in the family pick their item. My son got the only card signed, a 1987 Topps and the rest of us got these photos signed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When the A's took over from the Twins as the best team in the AL West in 1971, Vida Blue was the next thing to Sandy Koufax. I remember going to see him pitch. Man, he was good!
    Attached Images Attached Images