Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

from what i hear mulligans is a smart man, i am just suprised he has not put this issue to rest.

Clinton…..I am not sure what you are looking for to put this to rest.

I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?

I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?

I originally thought the Jersey might be questionable, as did many of us until I did my homework.

Before bidding, I spoke to the NFL in detail about this Jersey and its origination.

I contacted the Pats and they further reinforced the claim that it was Brady’s Jersey.

After doing my homework, I felt extremely comfortable bidding on the Jersey and I am very happy with my purchase. Isn’t that enough? It is for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Clinton…..I am not sure what you are looking for to put this to rest.

I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?

I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?

I originally thought the Jersey might be questionable, as did many of us until I did my homework.

Before bidding, I spoke to the NFL in detail about this Jersey and its origination.

I contacted the Pats and they further reinforced the claim that it was Brady’s Jersey.

After doing my homework, I felt extremely comfortable bidding on the Jersey and I am very happy with my purchase. Isn’t that enough? It is for me!
    I think we would all line to know what made your comfortable while doing the homework on the jersey? What game did your research indicate it was worn in? Are there any distinguidhing marks or charcteristics that could be picked up on in a video of the game because I know a few contacts that actually have dvd copies if all the pats games over the last few years.

what were you told exactly from the NFL and the Patriots that made you comfortable?

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave....Thank you for being Civilized with your question.
    Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.

To answer your question.......Some of it I had to take as Gospel, some of it was my own due dilligence…….

The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.

When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.

I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!

To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!

I imagine that there will still be doubters just the same, but at least I will be happy!

“I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?”

Wait no one said anything about fabricating any story we all took you at your word. What did we have to go on otherwise? Personally I never ask for one.

“I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?”
    Actually I did get back and get tapes from both preseason games and it shows the same evidence. Plus Brady only played the first half in one game and a couple snaps on the other so to say he changed jerseys on the sidelines would be very strange to say the least. If he did go back to the locker room just to change jerseys that would make less sense.
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']“Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.”[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']No one is being negative we are just being practical when looking at the facts of the case, hell you posted your doubts and even stated you retracted your own bid ![/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']“The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.”[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']We agree with this sentiment as to why there may have been in a mix up on Brady and the NFLs end.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']“When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.”[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']That statement most people agree with that you can’t be 100% sure; but the photos from the games are very clear, this would also say that he would have changed jerseys on the sidelines since he did not play the second half in those game would not make much sense.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']“I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!”[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Not for nothing on your website you photo match ALL the jersey you have listed photos of so I don’t know how you can make this statement. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']“To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!”[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Why if you were confident it was worn by Tom would you feel the need in a round about way to send it back to have him “wear it again”. That does not make any sense. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Everyone is happy for you that he will finally ware the jersey for your own sake. But to claim he wore this jersey at any point in the 2010 season from this day back with be contradictory to everything you claimed and what photo evidence has supported.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Lastly, this is not personal no one is attacking you personally everyone is more upset at the NFL for listing an item as “game worn” that had to be sent back to be “worn” . I would expect great diligence on the NFL’s part. [/FONT]

can an admin delte my prior post due to format error.

“I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?”

Wait no one said anything about fabricating any story we all took you at your word. What did we have to go on otherwise? Personally I never ask for one.

“I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?”

Actually I did get back and get tapes from both preseason games and it shows the same evidence. Plus Brady only played the first half in one game and a couple snaps on the other so to say he changed jerseys on the sidelines would be very strange to say the least. If he did go back to the locker room just to change jerseys that would make less sense.

“Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.”

No one is being negative we are just being practical when looking at the facts of the case, hell you posted your doubts and even stated you retracted your own bid !

“The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.”

We agree with this sentiment as to why there may have been in a mix up on Brady and the NFLs end.

“When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.”

That statement most people agree with that you can’t be 100% sure; but the photos from the games are very clear, this would also say that he would have changed jerseys on the sidelines since he did not play the second half in those game would not make much sense.

“I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!”

Not for nothing on your website you photo match ALL the jersey you have listed photos of so I don’t know how you can make this statement.

“To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!”

Why if you were confident it was worn by Tom would you feel the need in a round about way to send it back to have him “wear it again”. That does not make any sense.

Everyone is happy for you that he will finally ware the jersey for your own sake. But to claim he wore this jersey at any point in the 2010 season from this day back with be contradictory to everything you claimed and what photo evidence has supported.

Lastly, this is not personal no one is attacking you personally everyone is more upset at the NFL for listing an item as “game worn” that had to be sent back to be “worn” . I would expect for diligence on the NFL’s part

Like Bill OReilly says......"You get the last word."

Can we consider this done?

If you or anyone else wants to contact me directly to discuss the Jersey, I would be happy to chat.

Mulligans,

Thanks for the reply. Wow, Brady has agreed to wea your jersey in a game and return it? Knowing this, that will become one of the nicest game worn Brady jerseys in the marketplace...amazing. Gongratulations. I hope he is knocked down a few times so you can get some distinguishing marks and phot match it.

Best,
    Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Dave....Thank you for being Civilized with your question.
    Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.

To answer your question.......Some of it I had to take as Gospel, some of it was my own due dilligence…….

The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.

When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.

I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!

To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!

I imagine that there will still be doubters just the same, but at least I will be happy!
    WOW!! Very Nice
    You are going to have a very nice jersey and congrats.
    Now I hope Brady gets sacked 5 times and leaves blood marks all over the jersey but passes for 400 YDS and 5 TD's on a come from behind win in the last seconds.

What an awesome end to this thread. Pleeease post pics when you get it back.