Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beantown
    • Nov 2005

Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

Up for auction at the NFL Auctions website is a Tom Brady Patriots Game Used Jersey (Pre-Season) vs. the New Orleans Saints on 08/12/10….

I tried to “photo match” the jersey and could not…I looked at photos from warm ups, game action and while Brady was on the sidelines in the second half…

The jersey being worn by Brady shows the NFL Equipment Shield on the neck collar above the front chest seem, while the jersey being auctioned off by NFL Auctions shows the NFL Equipment Shield going into the front chest seem...

Attached Files
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

I wouldn't get too hung up on that. A lot of perception changes with a jersey that is on over shoulder pads versus when it is just laying on a flat surface. It looks like the shield might just be draped over the seam in the picture of the jersey. I'm not saying that I know it's the same jersey, I'm just saying you can't really judge by that type of stuff when the jersey goes from the player to just laying.

Comment

• beantown
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
      I wouldn't get too hung up on that. A lot of perception changes with a jersey that is on over shoulder pads versus when it is just laying on a flat surface. It looks like the shield might just be draped over the seam in the picture of the jersey. I'm not saying that I know it's the same jersey, I'm just saying you can't really judge by that type of stuff when the jersey goes from the player to just laying.

Dan,

I have to respectfully disagree, yes, some things will change when a jersey is being worn by a player vs. it just laying flat, but not where something is stitched on a jersey...I have seen Pats jerseys manufactured both ways with NFL Shield above and into the seem running across the chest... If I was going to shell out $8k (where the auction is at now) and it comes from the NFL, I wouldn't want to have any doubts and a DEFINITIVE photo match...

Comment

• Mulligans
        • Dec 2009

I have to agree with BeanTown 100% on the Brady. Photos are not always as they appear in real life, but in my opinion, they are not even close. If these are the photos from the game in question, they do not match.

Unfortunately, the high bidder is the same one that runs up Pats Jerseys and does not pay.....I'm sure that we will see the Jersey again.

Comment

• bambelbitz
          • Dec 2009

Not only is there the problem with the NFL Equipment Shield, but the posted photos clearly show that the Patriots logo of the Patriots Patch is going into the front chest seem, whereas on the jersey being auctioned it is clearly below the front chest seem. Really Odd, Indeed...

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
            • Apr 2007

It does look a lot more like the one he wore against the Rams on 8/26:

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
              • Apr 2007

I meant to say, it doesn't look like the one he wore that week, either. I was thinking maybe they just goofed in saying which game it was from. But the one from that game looks the same as the one from the other game.

Comment

• Mulligans
                • Dec 2009

WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?

Comment

• beantown
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Mulligans
                  WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?
                  Jeff, since you seem to know of him, you could forward the photos...the Saints are actually auctioning off this jerseys and it states in was worn against them in that pre-season game, so that should be the jersey seen in the photos of the Pats game from 08/12/10....

Is it possible that the Saints asked the Pats for a Brady gamer from that game and someone from the Pats decided just to give them an issued jersey????????

Comment

• Mattfedo01
                    • Mar 2010

WOW!!!!! Thats Scary.......Someone messed this up somewhere, that Jersey is not even Close to a match!!!

Matt

Comment

• beantown
                      • Nov 2005

The only other time the Patriots wore their home blue jerseys this pre-season was on 08/26/10 vs. the St. Louis Rams...again, not a match...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• genius
                        • Aug 2007

o/t but Brady needs a haircut!

Comment

• jhunt28
                          • Oct 2008

[quote=
                          Is it possible that the Saints asked the Pats for a Brady gamer from that game and someone from the Pats decided just to give them an issued jersey????????[/quote]

This is a HUGE issue I would think? I started to look back at possible 2009 matches, but there is a "10" tag sewn into the jersey tagging, I'm assuming meaning "2010". So why would he have worn a "2010" gamer in 2009? Makes no sense...I almost think your theory could be correct? And perhaps the real preseason jersey is in someone's house already?? I'd have a massive problem shelling out this kind of dough, for not only a preseason jersey, but a preseason jersey that cannot be matched.

Comment

• perlman9
                            • Dec 2007

I just decided to go on Getty to search Tom Brady and his 2010 preseason jersey and they also seem to have the patch sewn over the seam. Even if issued, seems weird that his issued jersey would be very different from his game jerseys. His white jerseys are sewn the same way as well.

Even more weird, if you search Rob Gronkowski #87 during the 2010 New York Giants game, his patch is clearly below as the Brady for sale shows. Odd indeed as Brady seems to be the only player with his jersey like that as Alge Crumpler is also below the seem.
                            Jason Perlman
                            jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• jhunt28
                              • Oct 2008

Now that you mention it, I don't see a single player on the Pats from any of the 2010 preseason pictures who have the "Patriots" sewn into the seam of the jersey? I wonder if this could be a unique trait of all legit Brady gamers? Perhaps something the equipment managers do to keep counterfits from escaping? Which would of course lead us to the questions of where did this jersey being auctioned on NFL Auctions originate?

Comment

Working...