Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Steiner 30% Discount

Quote Originally Posted by ereyes View Post
    Unfortunately all orders this past weekend using the expired 30% off coupon code will be voided. There was a glitch in our system that allowed you to use the code on all products. The code expired on August 27th and when valid you couldn't use it on any game used products. You can reach me at 888-265-9298 or via email at ereyes@steinersports.com in the event that you may have some questions.

So you will be voiding all orders this past weekend because of a glitch in your system? As in, items that have already been purchased this weekend using that code will be voided and refunded the money? Is that right?

Do you think that looks good? I didnt order anything, but I would think you guys would honor any orders over the weekend with some sort of "glitch" in your own system.

if I was running a business and had a glitch like that, I would continue to honor the discounts because that error is on me. this really doesn't give customers confidence to buy again in the future. does it say on Steiner's site they are not responsible for any errors?

Good thing I didn't sell all my possessions on craigslist to buy that Jeter jersey, cause I'd be pissed.

- Terrible job Steiner. Just terrible....you guys make money hand over fist, let it go this time...

I was close to buying an item with that discount, but glad I backed off. Thought in the back of my mind something like this could happen, but I know any business and store you go to.... if they ring something up wrong it's on them.

Interested to see how this one is handled!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

The link that was sent previously on this thread shows how the code expired on August 27th, so everyone was aware that it had expired and took advantage of the situation. If you read the all the language on the link sent it states that Steiner Sports reserves the right to cancel any order.

Quote Originally Posted by zooat2 View Post
    - Terrible job Steiner. Just terrible....you guys make money hand over fist, let it go this time...
    Really......how many items that werent supposed to be discounted sold

I don't think this is the first time there was a "glitch" in the system and they voided orders

Please read all my postings, i stated that not all orders will be voided.

I don't have a dog in the fight, I didn't buy anything with the discount, but I don't have a problem with Steiner canceling orders that don't comply with their promotional terms.

If I posted a $2000 item on ebay and made a typo with the BIN price at $20, I would not honor that sale as a seller. It clearly was a mistake. If I was on the buying end, I wouldn't expect the seller to honor it either. Its just a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by ereyes View Post
    The link that was sent previously on this thread shows how the code expired on August 27th, so everyone was aware that it had expired and took advantage of the situation. If you read the all the language on the link sent it states that Steiner Sports reserves the right to cancel any order.
    - If you Google search "Steiner Discount Codes" you will find a # of so called "expired" codes that work, I'm sure you haven't gone back and voided ALL of these past orders....

- Remember, you get more bees with honey....