Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Steiner 30% Discount

This is exactly why Steiner can never do anything good. They have a promotion and get killed by people who havent even placed orders! I placed an order this sunday and i was contacted by Efrain this morning and at first sure i was pissed but after i rationalized that i got a discount i was not entitled to i calmed down and we worked a deal where we where both happy. They always treat me great over there and i know they will make it right somehow like they did with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ereyes View Post
    The link that was sent previously on this thread shows how the code expired on August 27th, so everyone was aware that it had expired and took advantage of the situation. If you read the all the language on the link sent it states that Steiner Sports reserves the right to cancel any order.
    The link that I posted, with a discount ending on August 27th, was an example of what the first post mentioned. As I said, "Probably this? They've sent round a couple of these emails recently." That could have been worded somewhat better, but the second sentence noted that there were several of the same (or very similar) promotions in the past few days. Dach0sen0ne immediately pointed out the actual promotion that was at issue (link below), which would have ended today. Several posts later, BoneRubbedBat referenced using this promotion (i.e. the one that expired today) with a purchase of a game used bat.

http://www.steinersportsmarketing.co...=ndkickoff9310

This is only one of the issues brought up, and I have no investment in the others. Just wanted to clear this one up.

I feel bad for the sales reps because they only have so much room to wiggle so for Efrain and Joseph nothing personal. Most businesses would honor the discount though and do what they can to fix the problem and prevent it from happening again. Then again someone who thinks $500 for a single Derek Jeter sock is reasonable probably doesn't follow the traditional business mold with your average middle class customer in mind.

I recently wanted to buy a 2008 Dodgers line up card from Steiner. I contacted a sales rep and he said it wasn't available because it went to auction and to keep an eye out for it at auction. Two days later I recieved an email stating it didn't sell at auction and I could purchase it for $150. It didn't sell at auction with an opening bid of $30 and now I am expected to pay $100-150 for it.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Why was this moved to General Sports Discussion? Don't know about anyone else, but I don't think this thread is about tonight's Rays game.