Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2011 MLb stars and stripes hats?

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/art...k_nym&c_id=nym Here's an interesting article about the commemorative hats and honoring the U.S. military.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

butt ugly caps!

When I look at it again it almost looks like a cheap stadium giveaway cap. It just needs a Chevy logo on the back replacing the MLB logo and you're set.

I do not understand why MLB insists on creating different color caps every year. It is fine for the teams whose colors match but for the other teams it just looks bad. The Mets looked horrible wearing the white cap with their road gray uniform and they looked even worse wearing the red caps with their home whites.

Here is a simple solution, keep the hat color the same as the team wears every day and replace the the logo with the stars and stripes logo that they use on those caps.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    I do not understand why MLB insists on creating different color caps every year. It is fine for the teams whose colors match but for the other teams it just looks bad. The Mets looked horrible wearing the white cap with their road gray uniform and they looked even worse wearing the red caps with their home whites.

Here is a simple solution, keep the hat color the same as the team wears every day and replace the the logo with the stars and stripes logo that they use on those caps.
    Or, just go back to what they did years ago and not make these caps? There was nothing wrong with the team cap and an American flag on the side, but MLB needed to make even more money on merchandising while donating a small portion to veterans to make it look like a "feel good" event.

Those hats are, um, ok? I am trying to be nice, but i agree, they look like a stadium giveaway or were designed by Twin Enterprises' 47 Brand that Lids has 1000s of.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Interestingly enough, the caps aren't for sale on the Mets' online store yet. You'd think MLB would never miss an opportunity to make an extra buck or two, even if some of it does go to charity.

Why not make them futuristic looking? Or go to another color besides red and blue? Why not all white? Or all black? I could think of a million different options besides this year's product...
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

So I guess we can assume 2012 will be red with a white front. I like the cue to the old blue jays of the 1980's and braves of the 1970's.

I too would have liked an all white cap if they have to do this.

I think the all red was the best.

I am confused on why the blue they use is a deep navy blue.

Even just put the USA flag large on the back of the hat inside of the the MLB logo

Another suggestion is to just have all U.S. MLB teams go to a generic USA on the front. And have the home teams wear one color hats and the road teams another. Just an idea...
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

Lightbulb Re: 2011 MLb stars and stripes hats?

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Another suggestion is to just have all U.S. MLB teams go to a generic USA on the front. And have the home teams wear one color hats and the road teams another. Just an idea...
    ...and not a bad one at that...maybe add the team logo to the left side just to give it a team flavor...?

Dave Miedema