Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Pet Peeve from otential buyers on Ebay. Your thoughts?

A bunch of sellers have a delusional idea what they "think" their items are worth. Those are the items you see re-listed OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I hate making offers because I never want to insult anyone. Also, some sellers ask for way more then its worth because maybe somebody will actually buy it. I guess you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    It depends on the item and such and I always include a note explaining my offer.

All the best -

Chris
    Chris,

Is there a way to include a note when making an offer OR you do it separately using the "ask a question" feature. I have done it separately but doing it together would be convenient.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Chris,

Is there a way to include a note when making an offer OR you do it separately using the "ask a question" feature. I have done it separately but doing it together would be convenient.
    Joel -

When you go to make an Offer on eBay using the Best Offer button, there is a text box that you can use to lay out the terms of your offer (i.e. offer includes s/h, etc)

The ask a question thing is a pain in the @$$!

- Chris

Re: Pet Peeve from Potential buyers on Ebay. Your thoughts?

I've made a few Best Offer bids lately, but nothing really outrageously lowball, I don't think.

There's a bat on eBay that I've been watching for awhile - it's been relisted numerous times, and the seller is a well-known online catalog seller, as well. He's asking $60, and I think I offered $48, 'cause I happen to think 60 is a little steep for this particular bat, and he politely declined my offer. Okay, no feelings hurt on either end.

A local seller began disposing of some nice big signs that they took out of Chase Field when the team changed its colors a few years back, and I bought one, and the seller even let me pick it up so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping and he wouldn't have to hassle with wrapping and mailing it. He's still got a few signs on eBay, and I thought I might pick up another one for my sister; it's been relisted probably dozens of times, at this point, so I figured he might go $75, even though he's asking $90. What I got back was a curt, "Our items are priced according to condition", or something like that. Not such a positive vibe from that guy.

You know what really GRINDS MY GREARS? When i make a fair offer to a seller and they reply "no" with no counter or communication, i clearly want the item but not at the price listed, common sense would think they would at least counter?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    You know what really GRINDS MY GREARS? When i make a fair offer to a seller and they reply "no" with no counter or communication, i clearly want the item but not at the price listed, common sense would think they would at least counter?
    Perhaps they don't consider it a fair offer. How do they know you clearly want the item?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

Cool Re: Pet Peeve from Potential buyers on Ebay. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    You know what really GRINDS MY GEARS?
    Sounds like someone is a fan of Family Guy.

Dave Miedema

I did once let a Seller know that his quoted shipping rate was just a tad bit out of line.

He was selling a $20-25 bat, and his listing stated that the shipping would be something like $80. After checking to make sure that the item location wasn't the Moon, I sent him a polite message pointing out his error, and he thanked me, said it was some kind of screwup with the postage calculator, and dropped it to 15.