Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Pet Peeve from otential buyers on Ebay. Your thoughts?

Dear Members,

Just needed to vent for a moment and I am curious on your thoughts if this ever happens to you?

(Just an Example)
    Let's say you list an item for $100 + $10 shipping.

You can email during the auction period from someone saying.

"Dear Seller, List it for $30 shipping included at a buy now and i'll buy it"

These emails really erk me.

First I don't mind the fact if you want to send me an email to negotiate on a price but if your going to make an offer. Please make it reasonable. If you see me listing something for $100 plus shipping what makes you think I am going to take a over a %70 loss on my item.
    Something mroe reasonable like $80 or $90 is fair.

Second if you are even going to make me a ridiculous low ball offer at least you can do is actually ask instead of suggest.

(Regarding the example lowball offer above)
    My response in my head is "Yeah no shit if I list it for $30 buy it now everyone would buy it"

But I am more cordial of course and reply back with a No Thank you.

Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me???

Angry Re: Pet Peeve from otential buyers on Ebay. Your thoughts?

This happens to me alot. I had game used Hank Blalock jersey listed bout' a year ago at $225 bin. Guy emailed me and to buy it for $65 because Hank played in that game on this guys birthday. (mlb hologram was on the jersey).
    Boondocksaint:cool:

Always looking for J. Damon, M. Cameron and Orlando Cabrera game used items.:cool:

Re: Pet Peeve from otential buyers on Ebay. Your thoughts?

Yea, low balls do get frustrating, but I guess its the "Never hurts to ask deal." I sell some Buckeye items directly for players like their champ rings, etc and the offers that come in are crazy and sometimes they really get upset with me when I make comment that the offer was way too low. I just got an email from someone saying he would pay $250 for a bowl worn jersey and $500 for a ring and when I said there was no way someone would sell it for that, they got mad at me saying their offer was more than fair. So I guess just takes all kinds and I do try to be helpful to those who may not be able to afford as much to get something, but I guess a lot of people are looking for something for nothing. Thanks American Pickers and Antique Roadshow...lol
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

I hate it when buyers send you a message saying you'll never sell your thing for $xxx amount of money, so I will offer you $2 for it right now. I just copy and paste their Ebay ID in my blocked buyers list so that they cannot bid on any of my auctions in the future.

With regards to Buy It now auctions on Ebay, I usually use the "best offer" option. That way the buyer can just send in their best offer, and if its a lowball offer you can just decline it.

Banned

The best one are the guys that ask you to list a buy it now price and then never buy the item.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    Yea, low balls do get frustrating, but I guess its the "Never hurts to ask deal." ...lol
    I wouldnt even mind as much if they did ask. But they dont. They just send me an email suggesting for me to relist my item at 1 tenth of the price and they will buy it.

Like yeah ok let me get right on that lol lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    The best one are the guys that ask you to list a buy it now price and then never buy the item.
    Plat yeah I got a doozey of a customer like that. Not only did he haglle me to death in price on the item. Ended up making me relist it like 4 times and finally bought it. Refused to buy it directly from me!!

How do you like that one?

I get plenty of those emails. I usually reply No Thanks, or I don't reply to the really ridiculous ones. Here is a recent email I received:

$109 FOR THIS ITEM IS A LITTLE OFF I THINK,BUT CALL ME AT ****** WHEN THE LISTING IS OVER IF YOU WILL TAKE $65.00 FOR IT,INCLUDING SHIPPING.THANKS,******

I was 109 shipped when Steiner sells the same item for 299 plus shipping. Needless to say, someone else paid the 109 shortly after this email.

-Chris

Just say "my prices are firm, thanks for the interest" or add a best offer feature to the listing. No reason to debate a customer or send something negative. Yes, frustrating but its the price of doing business on ebay these days. Too many ways for ebay buyers to negatively impact sellers that it isn't worth it to handle it any other way.

Banned

Eh. It happens constantly on there. They chisel you to no end. But on here alot of people are similar, I have experienced when selling you price a GU item way under market and they still want alot more off. It is like the bat has a big crack you should take another $100 off. And I feel like saying why do think it is so cheap in the first place? The crack is already priced in. Everyone just tries to find stuff wrong with every item so they can get it cheap then once they do it becomes this amazing item that they try to resell for a big profit.