Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Need Help A-Rod Signed Foul Ball

Allright so a guy has this for sale here in Seattle at his card shop. I was going to pick it up but after comparing auto's to several items I am not quite sure.

Story goes back in 94-95 Alex hit a foul ball and the guy caught it. The next day before the game down by the dugout he had Alex sign it. It comes with the card shop COA.

Any opinions ?

Re: Need Help A-Rod Signed Foul Ball

IMHO the baseball doesn't look like it has been rubbed down for game use.

I can't speak for the graph.

Banned

Thanks never really noticed untill you mentioned it. This was gonna be an impulse buy this afternoon as I passed through figured I would snap a couple pics and post for opinions before I "popped" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Allright so a guy has this for sale here in Seattle at his card shop. I was going to pick it up but after comparing auto's to several items I am not quite sure.

Story goes back in 94-95 Alex hit a foul ball and the guy caught it. The next day before the game down by the dugout he had Alex sign it. It comes with the card shop COA.

Any opinions ?

Budig baseballs were first used in the 1995 season. I want a rock solid story before even seeing the baseball and autograph.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Budig baseballs were first used in the 1995 season. I want a rock solid story before even seeing the baseball and autograph.
    Unfortunately I saw the ball then the story LOL

The ball does look brand new. Plus most of the time you'll see some type of hit marks. Didn't A-Rod use mainly black bats in the 90's? I have plenty of baseballs hit by black bats with black spots on the ball.

There are better looking ARod signatures out there if that's what you want. Ask the seller to list it on ebay and you can get a PSA/DNA quick opinion.

Banned

Appreciate the info from everyone. No black marks on the baseball that I can recall.

I would feel weird asking for him to list the ball on ebay for the purpose of the psa quick opinion.

Banned

LOKEE can I ask what is so special about this ball that you wanted?
    I don't mean to get all personal but I ask for a higher purpose. Meaning is it because it is (supposedly) a game used baseball? Or because it is an early arod autograph? or is it because your getting it for a good deal? Or better yet all 3 reasons?

My evaluation and I am sure there are members here who can give you a better opinion.
    The ball looks new, the auto does look legit for an early arod graph but very sloppy done. Which would make sense because if the person is telling the truth and got the autograph before a game AROD could of autographed it real quick and it came out sloppy.

Now back to the top!!!
    The point being with all said - You can find so many AROD autos out there on baseballs, on Game Used Baseballs, certified baseballs, cheap priced baseballs if you search ebay hard enough & early Autograph baseballs.

Why get one that looks like it was poorly done?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    LOKEE can I ask what is so special about this ball that you wanted?
    I don't mean to get all personal but I ask for a higher purpose. Meaning is it because it is (supposedly) a game used baseball? Or because it is an early arod autograph? or is it because your getting it for a good deal? Or better yet all 3 reasons?

My evaluation and I am sure there are members here who can give you a better opinion.
    The ball looks new, the auto does look legit for an early arod graph but very sloppy done. Which would make sense because if the person is telling the truth and got the autograph before a game AROD could of autographed it real quick and it came out sloppy.

Now back to the top!!!
    The point being with all said - You can find so many AROD autos out there on baseballs, on Game Used Baseballs, certified baseballs, cheap priced baseballs if you search ebay hard enough & early Autograph baseballs.

Why get one that looks like it was poorly done?
    WOW let me head to my bomb shelter LOL

Seriously though the guy is asking 125.00 for the ball. I thought it was cheap enough being a used baseball and an early A-Rod sig so I was going to buy it. I do not normally collect/buy autograph items or A-Rod items and I am not familiar with his early signature. I know alot of members collect his stuff and was looking for some advice.