Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

New England Patriots Jersey

This was sold as a John Smith (possibly preseason) game worn jersey from the New England Patriots. Smith played for the Pats from 1974-1983. He was 6'0" and 183 lbs. Some of you might remember two things about Smith: He was lining up for a Field Goal when Howard Cosell broke the news that John Lennon had been shot and he benefited from a convict clearing a path in 1982's Snowplow Game where the Pats beat the Dolphins 3-0.

I bought this thinking it was a 50/50 shot of being game used. The problem for me is that it's a kicker's jersey so it doesn't show much wear (no team repairs, ).

Does anyone with any New England Pats or jersey knowledge have any insight if the tagging looks right, etc.?

Name:  IMG_1977.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1978.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  36.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1979.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1980.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1981.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  40.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1982.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  50.7 KB

Re: New England Patriots Jersey

This is a retail jersey...or it would have been in my collection.

I kind of had a feeling but with the history of the guy, I just thought it was a neat conversation piece.

If you have a "Smith" Pats jersey, I'll trade you straight up!

Seriously, if you do have one that you'd consider parting with for my collection, shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks!

OK, one more question: Who makes a retail jersey of a kicker? Are Pats fans that diehard?

I thought the same thing...who would want to make a John Smith jersey? I spent a couple days researching this jersey and came to the conclusion that it was a retail jersey. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the conclusion that I came to. I also contacted a guy in Canada who also has a huge kicker/punter collection and he came to the same conclusion that it was a retail jersey also.

Oddly enough, I contacted John Smith a couple months ago and he was super nice. He sent me a bunch of autographed stuff...that's another reason I was wanting it to be real!