Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klattsy
    • Aug 2010

Re: Looking for Aussie Born Players

Bump due to frustration about MiLB clubs not returning emails and lack of items on eBay (although $450 for a BP WBC jersey with no MLB holo is really appealing).

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

You may have seen this, but there is a GU cap with player LOA of Grant Balfour from the 2012 Japan Series that opened the season for Oakland. It's been relisted on eBay for maybe the third time...not inexpensive, but good provenance and a unique piece.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Klattsy
        • Aug 2010

Thanks Dave, have been watching that hat. Trying to convince myself that for $100 it is worth it. Good provenance on all items, but tried photo matching some cleats a while back and couldn't even get a style match. I know its player LOA but I wonder if the player actually is aware of the repercussions of writing game used on there. For example UA had a Reds hat of Balfour's w/inscription but never made an MLB appearance for Reds. Can't find ST stats from that year either.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Mark:

The Balfour 2012 Japan A's cap is up on eBay again, but with the opening bid reduced by $20.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Klattsy
            • Aug 2010

Thanks Dave but it is the normal home hat from 2011. I will be grabbing one of the two hats though, thanks.

Comment

• sylbry
              • Nov 2005

Luke Hughes Twins jerseys from the 2011 season are $100 at the Roseville MN Pro Shop. I want to say there were three of them.
              Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• Klattsy
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by sylbry
                Luke Hughes Twins jerseys from the 2011 season are $100 at the Roseville MN Pro Shop. I want to say there were three of them.
                Thanks sylbry. I have messaged JeffB to see if he can help. Did you notice if any showed use? He played his most games in 2011 so that is my best year to pick one up. Can't complain at that price either!

Thanks,
                Mark.

Comment

• Klattsy
                  • Aug 2010

Updated list of Aussie guys. If anyone can help sourcing items please email me.

Thanks!

Majors: Grant Balfour (A’s), Travis Blackley (A’s)

Triple-A: Liam Hendriks (Twins), Luke Hughes (A’s), Shane Lindsay (Cubs), Trent Oeltjen (Dodgers), Andrew Russell (Braves), Josh Spence (Padres), Rich Thompson (A’s), Brendan Wise (Twins), Ryan Rowland-Smith (Cubs), Clayton Tanner(Giants)

Double-A: Allan de San Miguel (Orioles), Hayden Beard (Padres), James Beresford (Twins), Matt Kennelly (Braves), Drew Naylor (Phillies), Tim Kennelly (Phillies), Stefan Welch (Pirates).

High-A: Ryan Searle (Cubs),

Low-A: Kable Hogben [D'Backs], David Kandilas [Rockies], Boss Moanaroa [Red Sox], Warwick Saupold (Tigers), Tim Atherton [Twins], Justin Erasmus [Red Sox],

Short Season-A: Corey Adamson [Padres], James Brooks (Nationals), Guy Edmonds [Rangers], Mitchell Nilsson [Indians], Josh Warner [Phillies],

Advanced Rookie leagues: Darryl George [Rays], Joshua Hendricks [Twins], Rory Rhodes [Twins], Aaron Sookee [Angels],

Rookie leagues: Ryan Battaglia [Indians], Liam Bedford [Phillies], Andrew Campbell [Indians],Dylan Child [Pirates), Alex Da Silva [Angels], Sam Gibbons [Twins], Elliott Hargreaves [Reds], Josh Kennelly [Reds], Wilson Lee [Pirates], Jackson Lodge [Pirates], Logan Wade [Twins], Jacob Younis [Twins],

Peter Moylan (Braves)

Comment

• DJaeger22
                    • Oct 2010

Unfortunately Luke Hughes got released yesterday.
                    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
                    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                      • Jun 2010

Mark,

I know the Braves had a Spring Training nameplate available. Forgot the price off hand, but shoot Lisa an e-mail. She should be able to help you out.

Lisa.Wessinger@braves.com
                      Cheers,
                      Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                      My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                        • Jun 2010

To follow up, I just found the e-mail and had available locker room plates for Moylan, Russell and Kennelly.
                        Cheers,
                        Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                        My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• Klattsy
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DJaeger22
                          Unfortunately Luke Hughes got released yesterday.
                          Yeah not good. Rough ride for Luke this season but his performances at all levels have been sub-par. Still hoping to chase up those jerseys from 2011 though.

Originally posted by cliffjmp33
                          To follow up, I just found the e-mail and had available locker room plates for Moylan, Russell and Kennelly.
                          Thanks Cliff. I am on Lisa's mailing list and she has helped me out in the past. They are $50 ea which I'm hoping might come down in price later on in the year or early next season. Seems a bit to pay for a bland ST plate.

Thanks to all who have helped. Actually got a response back from an MiLB club - Charlotte Knights have been great to deal with. Thats 3 out of 37 emails I have sent (plus countless tweets). Not a great hit rate. Not sure if its just too hard for clubs to help or lazyness...Australian Baseball League teams are the same. Only got 1 response last year (6 teams).

Mark.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

Mark:

I just picked up what appears to be a 2004 GCL Phillies gamer of Brad Harman. The jersey is alnost identical to a MLB Phillies BP jersey. Jersey is a size 46 by Majestic, 0065 tag inside. The NOB is plated and the number is 12. Jersey is red cool base, with a single dark blue trim line down each shoulder top and sleeve. Harman has autographed the "1" on the back in blue Sharpie. Asking $50 for the jersey, and shipping will be based upon USPS quote. PLMK if this does anything for you.

Dave Miedema
                            sox83cubs84@hotmail.com (email only).

Comment

• Klattsy
                              • Aug 2010

Hi Dave, Email sent. I think I know the one.

Still looking!

Thanks,
                              Mark.

Comment

• tharuier
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2011

Hi Mark I do not know if you would be interested but I have

1996 Game Used Kevin Jordan Phillies jersey w/all start patch
                                Game used Kevin Jordan Bat will have to dig it out if your interested
                                Game used Travis Blackley phillies ST Jersey home red.

If you are please feel free to email me.

Comment

Working...