Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ebay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

Wow, I just gave 2 deadbeat buyers 3 weeks to pay!! One paid up when the case was opened, one got a strike. But really, do the strikes mean anything??

Am I the only one who wonders what being overweight has to do with anything?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

If your user ID references Rush Limbaugh, you're probably gonna get at least one fatty slam per season. I'm not saying it's right...or even far right...I'm just sayin'.

Just wanted to clarify one point. I was NOT condoning the seller sending a nasty email. Only was agreeing with the re-listing the item and filing the non-paying form. Possibly the seller was not sure of the proper way to handle the situation?

As far as Dave goes. I have had dealing with him with no problems.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Ebay changed the policy...it used to be 7 days to pay..now an unpaid item case can be opened after 4 days.

Sorry......I'm with the seller on this one. No need to be rude to you but folks need to pay faster or they probably shouldn't buy?

Sorry dave,you are a great guy and i respect you as a member on here.But i also have to side with the seller.Not the the way he worded that email but the whole transaction.The wording on that email just chalk that up to internet bravery.Its amazing how people talk to each when they have no fear of being face to face with them.But anyways,i understand you had issues come up but you should not have bid on a item unless you were prepared to send the money right then.As i would have been pissed after 11 days and would have thought deadbeat also on that.And you really had no reason to give him a negative as he did not do anything to deserve it.Sorry as it pains me to say this as i am usually on your side my friend.Hope the move and other things get better for you.

KEN-You are right was does being fat have to do with anything.As a fat person myself i resemble that remark
    Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Wow, I just gave 2 deadbeat buyers 3 weeks to pay!! One paid up when the case was opened, one got a strike. But really, do the strikes mean anything??

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

Re: eBay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

I don't understand. I have sold over 20,000 items on eBay since late 1990's and the policy for a seller is simple.

Item ends. Wait 3-4 days, send 1 or 2 invoices. Then email the buyer asking status. Around the 4th or 5th day, if they have not replied, file a non-paying bidder, which gives the buyer 7-8 days to pay and if they pay ship their item and if they don't end the complaint and re-list the item.

Why did the seller wait 10 days to tell Dave that he isn't honoring the order and then relist it and file the non-payment then? He should give the buyer the time of the non-paying bidder complaint per eBay policy and then relist the item. I understand, a lot of sellers do not understand how this works, but this is how eBay is supposed to work. The majority of buyers pay, but when the seller doesn't properly file the non-payment complaint and wait for it to end, the risk negative feedback which no one wants.

This is how eBay works now. File the non-paying bidder and then relist the item. It sucks as a seller, but it is a good policy to try to keep a wide customer base.

Re: eBay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I don't understand. I have sold over 20,000 items on eBay since late 1990's and the policy for a seller is simple.

Item ends. Wait 3-4 days, send 1 or 2 invoices. Then email the buyer asking status. Around the 4th or 5th day, if they have not replied, file a non-paying bidder, which gives the buyer 7-8 days to pay and if they pay ship their item and if they don't end the complaint and re-list the item.

Why did the seller wait 10 days to tell Dave that he isn't honoring the order and then relist it and file the non-payment then? He should give the buyer the time of the non-paying bidder complaint per eBay policy and then relist the item. I understand, a lot of sellers do not understand how this works, but this is how eBay is supposed to work. The majority of buyers pay, but when the seller doesn't properly file the non-payment complaint and wait for it to end, the risk negative feedback which no one wants.

This is how eBay works now. File the non-paying bidder and then relist the item. It sucks as a seller, but it is a good policy to try to keep a wide customer base.
    Yes, this is correct. Seller needed to be more proactive, but payment shouldn't take 11 days.

Sadly, I do agree with the seller (except for the foul language part) because I just canceled a transaction with Dave from 9/14/10 due to non payment. With 2 invoices being sent and a non-paying case opened, after 11 days it's not worth my time or effort to chase people around for money.