Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jobathenut
    • Nov 2008

Re: ebay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

Sorry dave,you are a great guy and i respect you as a member on here.But i also have to side with the seller.Not the the way he worded that email but the whole transaction.The wording on that email just chalk that up to internet bravery.Its amazing how people talk to each when they have no fear of being face to face with them.But anyways,i understand you had issues come up but you should not have bid on a item unless you were prepared to send the money right then.As i would have been pissed after 11 days and would have thought deadbeat also on that.And you really had no reason to give him a negative as he did not do anything to deserve it.Sorry as it pains me to say this as i am usually on your side my friend.Hope the move and other things get better for you.

Comment

• jobathenut
      • Nov 2008

KEN-You are right was does being fat have to do with anything.As a fat person myself i resemble that remark
      Originally posted by earlywynnfan
      Wow, I just gave 2 deadbeat buyers 3 weeks to pay!! One paid up when the case was opened, one got a strike. But really, do the strikes mean anything??

Am I the only one who wonders what being overweight has to do with anything?

Ken
      earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Re: eBay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

I don't understand. I have sold over 20,000 items on eBay since late 1990's and the policy for a seller is simple.

Item ends. Wait 3-4 days, send 1 or 2 invoices. Then email the buyer asking status. Around the 4th or 5th day, if they have not replied, file a non-paying bidder, which gives the buyer 7-8 days to pay and if they pay ship their item and if they don't end the complaint and re-list the item.

Why did the seller wait 10 days to tell Dave that he isn't honoring the order and then relist it and file the non-payment then? He should give the buyer the time of the non-paying bidder complaint per eBay policy and then relist the item. I understand, a lot of sellers do not understand how this works, but this is how eBay is supposed to work. The majority of buyers pay, but when the seller doesn't properly file the non-payment complaint and wait for it to end, the risk negative feedback which no one wants.

This is how eBay works now. File the non-paying bidder and then relist the item. It sucks as a seller, but it is a good policy to try to keep a wide customer base.

Comment

• mbrieve
          • Jul 2008

Re: eBay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

Originally posted by trsent
          I don't understand. I have sold over 20,000 items on eBay since late 1990's and the policy for a seller is simple.

Item ends. Wait 3-4 days, send 1 or 2 invoices. Then email the buyer asking status. Around the 4th or 5th day, if they have not replied, file a non-paying bidder, which gives the buyer 7-8 days to pay and if they pay ship their item and if they don't end the complaint and re-list the item.

Why did the seller wait 10 days to tell Dave that he isn't honoring the order and then relist it and file the non-payment then? He should give the buyer the time of the non-paying bidder complaint per eBay policy and then relist the item. I understand, a lot of sellers do not understand how this works, but this is how eBay is supposed to work. The majority of buyers pay, but when the seller doesn't properly file the non-payment complaint and wait for it to end, the risk negative feedback which no one wants.

This is how eBay works now. File the non-paying bidder and then relist the item. It sucks as a seller, but it is a good policy to try to keep a wide customer base.
          Yes, this is correct. Seller needed to be more proactive, but payment shouldn't take 11 days.

Comment

• Jeffredsfan
            • Sep 2008

Sadly, I do agree with the seller (except for the foul language part) because I just canceled a transaction with Dave from 9/14/10 due to non payment. With 2 invoices being sent and a non-paying case opened, after 11 days it's not worth my time or effort to chase people around for money.

Comment

• Neely8
              • Apr 2006

Wow two unpaid for items now? I'd say that's pretty funny for him to be calling out a seller on a public forum when he is really the one who caused the problem by not paying for the item in a timely fashion. A seller should not have to wait 11 days or more to be paid for something especially in this electronic age we live in.

Comment

• otismalibu
                • Nov 2005

So will the seller get negative or neutral?

Greg
                DrJStuff.com

Comment

• Jeffredsfan
                  • Sep 2008

Greg - In my case I hope he doesn't leave any feedback because I don't plan on leaving any for him. As far as I am concerned, it's over and done with so why start what could be perceived as a Feedback Battle? Happy collecting everyone!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

Actually, Jeff, I will leave you positive feedback because you handled the situation in a respectable and decent manner. It was my fault to not contact you sooner regarding payment status (for which I express my apolgies), and you didn't file a UPA AFTER cutting me off from the item, requiring me to make a payment for nothing to avoid a UPS.

In the past two weeks, I have had several payments to me either not arrive or arrive very late, and I've also had two longtime customers I could count on for multiple sales a month both cease purchasing due to family problems that take precedence (and rightly so) over memorabilia purchases. Now that I am aware of that, I'm trying to adjust my expenditures accordingly. These problems were not extant yet when I bid on your jersey. I have no hard feelings, I hope there are none on your end, either.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• jgoldstein2000
                      • May 2008

Glad this seems to be worked out.
                      Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

Comment

• flaco1801
                        • Nov 2005

for what its worth.... i never met dave... i have had some dealings with him and never had a problem i believe he is an honest person.... some background here... when i first started collecting some 30 years ago we all read SCD.. dave wrote some great and informative articles which by the way are still in my files.... dave was the guru of collecting game used back then and i learned so much from him... please cut him some slack if he says hes had some family problems, i would not like seeing him leave this forum like so many have already, he is a great weath of information, and he always will help you...

Comment

• TNTtoys
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by flaco1801
                          for what its worth.... i never met dave... i have had some dealings with him and never had a problem i believe he is an honest person.... some background here... when i first started collecting some 30 years ago we all read SCD.. dave wrote some great and informative articles which by the way are still in my files.... dave was the guru of collecting game used back then and i learned so much from him... please cut him some slack if he says hes had some family problems, i would not like seeing him leave this forum like so many have already, he is a great weath of information, and he always will help you...
                          It was a pleasure reading this. I smile each time I come across a Dave Miedema LOA written in pen sometime back in the late 1980s, a time when I could only dream that this hobby existed. He has contributed (and still contributes) a ridiculous amount of knowledge to uniform collectors over the years, so I have always held his expertise in this subject matter with highest regards.

For what it's worth, I met Dave and that doesn't change my opinion about him
                          Looking for ...
                          Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                          Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                          Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...