Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Angry ebay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

I bid on a Yankees BP jersey from this guy a few weeks ago. Player was misidentified, but, at the price, I didn't care.

I win it and, 10 days later, he email me and says he wants to relist the jersey because I've taken too long to pay. Things have been hectic here with the possible move, some health issues a couple of weeks ago, and other family issues. I still wanted the item, and offered to send funds in a few days.

This wasn't good enough, and, apparently, he immediately relisted the item. OK, the guy's impatient...I can live with that. The next day, though, he issues an unpaid item alert...AFTER relisting the jersey and, therefore, preventing me from owning it. So now, I have to send him a payment for an item I won't be sent, all to avoid an unpaid strike for an
    item he took access to away from me.

I'll give him a little credit...he did refund my needless payment the next day...but felt he handled the whole transaction poorly. You don't relist the item and THEN issue an unpaid item alert...it's the other way around.

I left him negative feedback, as I was bothered at his handling of the situation and causing me to make a PayPal transaction that was basically a waste of time. Of course, today I get the request for change of feedback...drew obviously doesn't want a minus on his feedback report. I might have considered working with him on this, except for an email he personally sent a short time after, as follows:

"F*** you. You lazy piece of s**t. How does it take you 11 days to pay? You are a worthless scumbag. I'd be willing to bet you're extremely overweight, too. Lazy f***".

We'll, any chance he got of possibly receiving a break from me evaporated with that email. Just showing this as a heads up to any Forum members who bid with this guy.

Dave Miedema

Re: ebay seller 813drew: not worth the hassles

Dave,

I know how it can be in the world of eBay. Been a member since 1998 and have dealt with only a handful of jackasses, but those who know you, are the only ones who count.

Thank you for the great YoYo hat and the terrific piece on Eisenreich. That's the kind of thing that puts you in a different league than stiffs like drew.

Chin up, he gets the strike, coulda been worse and eff him. Just my take on it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    Dave,

I know how it can be in the world of eBay. Been a member since 1998 and have dealt with only a handful of jackasses, but those who know you, are the only ones who count.

Thank you for the great YoYo hat and the terrific piece on Eisenreich. That's the kind of thing that puts you in a different league than stiffs like drew.

Chin up, he gets the strike, coulda been worse and eff him. Just my take on it.
    Thanks...I appreciate it.

Dave M.

Paying within 7 days of auction close is pretty standard. I'm not saying the guy handled it correctly, but I would be a little peeved if a buyer took longer than that (especially now that PayPal is so prevalent).

Honestly, it takes maybe 20-30 seconds to pay for an eBay item via Paypal. Really, hardly any longer than it takes to place a bid. If someone hasn't paid me in a week, I'm thinking deadbeat.

Did he send you the alert or did it come automatically from eBay? I was reading a thread on eBay where they were discussing the automated payment alerts that are received, if there is a delay in payment.

Can anyone even tell who has unpaid strikes? Don't you need to collect a few of them before eBay takes any action.

Think of it from the sellers point of view. You found the time to bid and leave a negative, but not the time to pay.

Dave,
    Nothing against you personally. But, I have to side with the seller here. After ten days of no payment I would be pissed too. I would re-list the item and do a non -paying bidder form as well.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

Standard procedure is you wait a week after the auction ends, file an unpaid item claim if that time elapses without payment the buyer gets unpaid item strike you get a fee credit you are free to relist the item. To relist first is dumb. Most buyers pay shortly after getting unpaid item claim notification so to not file it before relisting is dumb on seller's part. Also if unpaid item claim suceeds buyer can't leave feedback so you protect yourself. Not every transaction works out there is no excuse to curse someone out like seller did.

I have to agree with the seller here too. You did not pay and he has the right to cancel the transaction and issue a non paying bidder, because you were a non paying bidder. It is unfair of you to leave him a negative when YOU did not fulfill your part of the transaction in a timely manner. When you bid on an item you are either ready to buy or you are not, if you are not you should not bid. Faulting the seller and leaving a negative for not wanting to continue to wait is ridiculous and looking for sympathy here is even worse. Why should the seller have to continue to wait until you are good and ready to pay? I'm not trying to start anything with you but you are being irrational in thinking that you were a victim in this situation, the seller did nothing wrong until after you left him negative feedback.

Dave,

While it did take you some time to pay, I don't feel the seller handled it appropriately in the end. I buy and sell and sometimes I don't pay or get paid immediately, I'm not required to and understand if others don't. As a seller, I will contact the buyer and see what's up if they haven't paid after 7 days. I know I appreciate when a seller contacts me and asks what's up, I've made mistakes and forgot to pay for an item.

I guess what some people forget is that there are more important things than a Yankees BP jersey or whatever it is. But then again, its pretty easy to judge when you're not in the other person's shoes.

After almost 13 years on eBay buying and selling, I send an invoice to the buyer at the end of the auction, then after three days (usually on day four, as I state in my auctions: payment expected within 3 days via Paypal), I re-send the invoice, as I always give buyers the benefit of the doubt (perhaps they are sick, on vacation, etc.). If after another 2-3 days I have not received payment NOR communication of any type, I will issue a non-paying bidder alert, and then wait the customary time.

With only 1 exception, this has always worked for me, as the buyer will contact me after the 2nd invoice, or when the alert is filed, etc., and it all works out.

Cursing at someone is totally unprofessional, especially as eBay is a customer oriented service.

Thanks for the heads-up, Dave.