Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Derek Jeter Faked It!!!

I think what sums it up best is, the fact Joe Madden had no problem with Jeter faking the HBP. But he did have a problem with the Umpire not catching it.

Banned

IMO it was pathetic. Why settle for a HBP? He should be trying for an extra base hit. He is supposed to be a superstar after all. Instead he took the bat out of his own hand.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    IMO it was pathetic. Why settle for a HBP? He should be trying for an extra base hit. He is supposed to be a superstar after all. Instead he took the bat out of his own hand.
    That was my reaction as well. Last night a hurt and struggling Albert Pujols batted in the 9th with runners on first and third and 1 out i think. First pitch nipped his jersey and he was clearly frusterated it hit him. He would have much rather gotten a chance to do some damage.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Dont you know "suave" it does not matter that players do it all the time.When a yankee player does something wrong or something like this thats done all the time,its called out.I mean could they show anymore of the replays during the terrible espn broadcast of the game.So to ansewer what you said.It is a big deal when a yankee does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Players do it all the time no big deal

I don't think I've ever heard of a player, Yankee or not, in that situation, coming out later and admitting that he'd faked being hit. Isn't that why it's even a story at all...not what team the man plays for?

If Jeter's okay with getting a HBP call when the ball actually hits the bat, he should have no problem with being called out at 3rd base on a phantom tag because the ball beat him. Just go along with the ump's decision.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...nst_twins.html

I really don't see what the big deal is.

My wife fakes it all the time, and she's NOT a World Champion shortstop headed for the Hall of Fame.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I really don't see what the big deal is.

My wife fakes it all the time, and she's NOT a World Champion shortstop headed for the Hall of Fame.
    lmaooooo

Cal Ripken talked about this play on his weekly XM radio show today and said that the whole scenerio bothered him, although he admiited he wasn't really sure why. He said that if the same thing had happened to him, he would have run it out, stood at first and let everyone else figure it out.

Those who are complaining about Jeter not staying in and trying to get an extra base hit are forgetting that when the ball hit his bat it landed in front of the plate in fair territory. So it would have been a fair ball and if he had not been ruled to have been hit by a pitch the catcher would have picked it up and have thrown him out by a mile. I don't know if what he did is any different than an outfielder making it appear he caught a ball that he in fact caught on the bounce. That happens all the tiem too.It is somethng I feel negative about, but it happens all the time.