Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Mike Schmidt 1989 Jersey

Forum Readers-
    I have received several emails about a "1989 game worn Schmidt Phillies jersey" on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Schmidt-Gam...QQcmdZViewItem

The shirt in question is a Scoreboard jersey, not a gamer. Regardless of any story the seller has about this (I have emialed the seller about my issues, however, never heard back), it is not a gamer. Note that it is void of an embroidered tag in the collar that should have the name SCHMIDT on it. Likewise, the seller shows 2 different Rawlings tags (one pre 1990 and one post 1990) with 2 different placements of the year tag.

If you are seeking a true "game worn" Schmidt jersey, issued by the Phillies and worn by Schmidt, keep looking.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Re: Mike Schmidt 1989 Jersey

I wonder what jersey the seller is referring to sold in another auction house. Was it tagged the same?

He has a link to the jersey in his auction. It is an American Memorabilia auction. The picture that shows the front, back, and tag is the jersey from that auction.

http://216.133.66.125/Auction_Item.asp?auction_id=25706

Hopefully the person that paid over $3,700 for the American Memorabilia Schmidt jersey doesn't read this site. Otherwise, can you imagine the huge pit they have in their stomach???? I've been burnt before, but thank my Lord that it has never been to that total!!! But hey, they have the Lou Lampson letter to fall back on, though!! Right?

Quote Originally Posted by ahuff
    Hopefully the person that paid over $3,700 for the American Memorabilia Schmidt jersey doesn't read this site. Otherwise, can you imagine the huge pit they have in their stomach???? I've been burnt before, but thank my Lord that it has never been to that total!!! But hey, they have the Lou Lampson letter to fall back on, though!! Right?
    I wouldn't want the buyer to be sick to his stomach either... but I sure as heck do hope that he reads this site - it may be the only way for him to find out the truth and begin the "road of recovery."

Cheers,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.