Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Your experiences with players who validated (or didn't validate) your game used items

why is there a lady sitting next to him while examining the jersey but not the bat?

Re: Your experiences with players who validated (or didn't validate) your game used items

Very cool story. Since you asked for people's experiences with players validating game-used items, here is a recent thread which discusses when I met Jesse Barfield and asked him to validate a game-used cap:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=36834
    ------------------------------------
    My Blue Jays Collection

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    why is there a lady sitting next to him while examining the jersey but not the bat?
    Are you asking why she is there in the jersey picture? or are you asking why is she not there in the bat picture? I'm not sure of her relevance in validating the bat's BP usage or the jersey's authenticity, but I'd guess she got up to do something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Players are not the best at validating stuff. Sometimes guys validate stuff they did not actually use (we have all seen the GU iscription on bad stuff), other times they say they did not use stuff when they did as some guys are very hostile to and resentful of the hobby and other times guys just plain don't know if they used it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by psychovb View Post
    Would love to hear the stories of players who confirmed or denied that an item was game used. The ones that have been denied would probably make a more interesting read and we could all learn a thing or two from them.

Here's mine. I attended a recent Will Clark signing and brought him a '92 bat and '86 jersey to sign...both supposedly game used. With the '92 bat which was hammered with use, he took a look at it and told me right away, "this bat was never used in a game." My heart skipped a beat when Will uttered those words. I wasn't so worried about my bat, but sweating bullets that he would say the same of my '86 rookie jersey! He did go on to inform me that he did use the bat (batting practice)...but just not in a game. And he told me what to look for in one of his game used bats...tons of pine tar.

So on to the jersey. I pull out the jersey for him to sign and asked him if he could inscribe it as "1986 Gamer". He then flips the jersey to find the tagging. As you can see in the picture, Will studied it pretty intently. After a tense moment, he proceeded to sign it with the inscription. What a relief!

This was my 2nd time I've met Will at a signing. Each time, he's been a class act. He shook hands, smiled graciously, cracked jokes, got up to take pictures...what more can you ask for?

Always looking for Will Clark game used items in his Giants playing days. Contact: psychovb@yahoo.com

Nice stuff dude, is that jersey displayed inside a glass case? Could you show any more pics of your jersey display?

Love the jersey!!!