Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Question Fun with Matt Schaub 2010 Texans jerseys

In the process of grabbing photos for my personal database, I noticed some interesting inconsistencies with the placement of the Captain's "C" patch on Matt Schaub's Texans gamers as opposed to previous seasons.

In 2009, he wore the patch in the normal location, on the right upper chest. Come 2010, however, and things have been different...Schaub didn't wear the C patch in any of the preseason photos I found (home or road), and, in the first 2 weeks of the regular season (Texans wore white both games), Schaub's C patch is on the upper LEFT chest.

I just found it odd, so I figured it was worth a mention.

Dave Miedema

Re: Fun with Matt Schaub 2010 Texans jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    In the process of grabbing photos for my personal database, I noticed some interesting inconsistencies with the placement of the Captain's "C" patch on Matt Schaub's Texans gamers as opposed to previous seasons.

In 2009, he wore the patch in the normal location, on the right upper chest. Come 2010, however, and things have been different...Schaub didn't wear the C patch in any of the preseason photos I found (home or road), and, in the first 2 weeks of the regular season (Texans wore white both games), Schaub's C patch is on the upper LEFT chest.

I just found it odd, so I figured it was worth a mention.

Dave Miedema
    They don't wear the C patch in the preseason, teams don't elect captains until after preseason is over.
    It shouldn't be on the upper left chest, perhaps the photos you saw were reverse negatives (or whatever its called) that were used. I've seen that happen on getty and other sites

Banned

Question Re: Fun with Matt Schaub 2010 Texans jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    They don't wear the C patch in the preseason, teams don't elect captains until after preseason is over.
    It shouldn't be on the upper left chest, perhaps the photos you saw were reverse negatives (or whatever its called) that were used. I've seen that happen on getty and other sites
    It wasn't one photo...it was close to 10...I doubt that they'd ALL be reverse negatives.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    It wasn't one photo...it was close to 10...I doubt that they'd ALL be reverse negatives.

Dave Miedema
    I see what you mean, I saw it on NFL.com's site as well, plus Andre Johnson had his captain patch on the same shoulder.

Opening day, September 12th:

Name:  schaub.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  19.3 KB

Last year:

Name:  schaub2.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  33.9 KB

Banned

Question Re: Fun with Matt Schaub 2010 Texans jerseys

I just viewed a Getty photo of Houston's Antonio Smith from Week 1. His C patch is also on the left upper chest.

Maybe a team thing...?

Dave Miedema

Banned

Exclamation Re: Fun with Matt Schaub 2010 Texans jerseys

Update...

Schaub (and maybe the other Texans Captain's jerseys) were consistent on one hand, and variant on the other.

Home:
    Schaub photos from Getty of all games in which Houston wore the home black jerseys (first worn in Week 3) show his "C" patch in the normal right chest position.

Road:
    The most variant and potentially confusing. On October 3, Schaub's white Houston jersey has the "C" patch on the right sleeve, unlike the previous games (two of which were the subjects of my initial post). After that one 10/3 game, though, Schaub went back to a road jersey with the patch on the left, moreso the front shoulder than the chest, which he wore for all road jersey usages up to December 3. That game, and the remaining games in which the Texans wore white, the right chest location was used again.

Alternate red:

Worn once, with "C" patch in normal right chest location.

Any input on the other Texans Captains would be welcome.

Dave Miedema