Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's see the memorial patches

After picking up the 2009 Angels jersey yesterday, I thought it would be interesting to see the various memorial patches used over the years. I have a 2007 Cardinals jersey with the Josh Hancock patch and of course the 2009 Angels jersey with the Preston Gomez and Nick Adenhart patches:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Re: Let's see the memorial patches

From 2006, a Jeremy Accardo Jays jersey with a memorial patch for long time radio announcer Tom Cheek:

From 2008, a Travis Snider Syracuse Chiefs jersey with a memorial patch for Harold Berman, a former member of the Chiefs' Board of Directors:

And from 2009, an Adam Lind Jays jersey with a memorial patch for Blue Jays owner Ted Rogers:

-Pam

Al Bumbry 2002 Indians jersey with "JW" memorial patch in honor of team trainer Jim Warfield.

2008 Braves with Skip Caray and Jim Beauchamp memorial patches
    Name:  DSC04674.JPG
Views: 991
Size:  114.3 KB
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Thought I'd add a little NFL flair into this baseball thread

2005 Chris Snee NY Giants jersey with a patch to honor two of their owners who had recently passed:

Not a great photo, but this is a jersey I used to own with a Gene Autry patch on the sleeve.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Here is the Herb Score memorial patch on my 09 Grady Sizemore home game alternate jersey.

Ernie Harwell, Tigers from this year.

The Twins have had quite a run of memorial patches. Here are mine.

2002 Eloise Pohlad - The Twins had white, grey and blue ones made for each jersey style.

2006 Kirby Puckett - The Twins also use a smaller version of any patch when it's on the chest of their sleeveless alternates.

2007 Herb Carneal - Again, a smaller version on the vest jersey

2008 35W Bridge Collapse - Used for one game only on the anniversary of the bridge collapse.

2009 Carl Pohlad - yet another mini version on the vest.

I had a problem with the 2009 Carl patch and how it was used. Placing it under the Metrodome seemed wrong in the sense it was 1) smaller than the dome patch which makes it look like it's being crushed under the weight of the larger patch of the building and 2) it's a more "hellish" placement rather than having he Carl "balloon" floating in a more "heavenly" position over the dome patch. But that's just me I guess...

One can only hope the carnage for the Twins family takes a long break after 4 memorial patches in 4 straight seasons.

Banned

Red face Re: Let's see the memorial patches

Several cards of Pirates players in the 1974 Topps set have shots that show the 1973 Robert Clemente 21 patch. Can someone help an old fart and post a picture of one of these? Thanks.

Dave Miedema