Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Yankee stadium museum gu items (WARNING large pics)

Not to be cynical but I wonder how much stuff in the musuem is not authentic. As we have seen with the Halper collection alot of big time private collections are overflowing with bad stuff. I mean all these people are looking at and photographing it going wow and I wonder how much of it is actually worthless garbage.

ever since I started into game used I also became skeptical about all museum pieces, art, fossils

makes you wonder if Lou Lampson examined any of those items.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Not to be cynical but I wonder how much stuff in the musuem is not authentic. As we have seen with the Halper collection alot of big time private collections are overflowing with bad stuff. I mean all these people are looking at and photographing it going wow and I wonder how much of it is actually worthless garbage.
    Not cynical as much common sense. But for what it is a free museum I cant complain, to be honest I would just be happy staring at Thuman Munson's locker (which till they ripped down the old stadium was still in the locker room) trophy's and world series watches. While impressed that was also in the back of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Before the Halper story came out, I use to see museum stuff like this and think WOW Babe Ruth really wore that!

Now when I see memoribilia like this the first thing that comes to mind is.... is that stuff fake.

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    Thats an amazing price, I thought to myself wow how much could that get. Thanks to you I now have a number thank you
    Thank you for posting the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Thanks, you took some really nice pictures. Wonder where the Yankees got some of the things on display. Were the bats simply kept by the team or were they purchased or given as gifts. The Ruth bats appear to have have come from a private source.
    I noticed that the display label for the Ruth bat said on loan from Dr. Richard Angrist. He has one of the two best collection of game used bats and has the most stringent criteria for adding a bat to his collection. He has his own chapter in the book Smithsonian Baseball.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I noticed that the display label for the Ruth bat said on loan from Dr. Richard Angrist. He has one of the two best collection of game used bats and has the most stringent criteria for adding a bat to his collection. He has his own chapter in the book Smithsonian Baseball.
    I am pretty sure if I remember correctly most of the little signs had his name attached to it. If this is what he lends out I would love to see his collection room =P