Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Jamaal Anderson gamer on ebay

Anyone can offer some insight on this gamer? Is it legit?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Worn-Jamal-...#ht_500wt_1154

Re: Jamaal Anderson gamer on ebay

Can't speak to authenticity but the seller is a member here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=38010

Perhaps he can answer any questions you may have or other Falcons collectors may be able to furnish you further details on tagging, font, etc.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Before I actually purchased it, I did as much homework on it as I could. I'll share the info I do have. In 1999 Jamal Anderson started only 2 games and was injured in the second @ Dallas. I believe the shirt was worn vs Minnesota in week 1 and possibly in the preseason that same year.

The visible use is not major on the shirt however there is a minor team repair on the chest area, and there is pilling on the numbers. The one game he played in was in a dome @ Minnesota which would make sense. The autograph looks legit, and there is a message to his mechanic at that time in the form of a thank you note. The style of the shirt matches up to what he and the Falcons wore during that time, the year and size tag are correct as well. I do not have any other proof beyond what I have mentioned, however I have priced it accordingly. If you have any other questions feel free to ask on this post or contact: pacman2680@gmail.com

I have a 99 Kerney that has the same Nike tag and the font in the collar tag is the same as well. I believe 99 is the only year that Nike was used by the Falcons. The only question I had was regarding the fact that he blew out his knee so early in the year but the seller did address the "usage" question.

J

Thanks for the info. May I ask what the inscription says and if anyone has ideas on how to safely remove it? Thanks

Inscribed on the back number 3 is:
    " For 404 Motorsport's thanks for keeping my whips tight! One Love Family" then autographed by Jamal Lewis #32 "JTRAIN".

I added a closeup of the inscription on the auction page.

Thanks for that info, I would not have suspected it to be issued due to a small team repair on the chest area. But if indeed the jersey has been recognized by Jamal himself, maybe you could get more info on its origin.

Put the jersey under a blue light and see if there are any old dirt stains, washing detergent remnants, etc.

dave