Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Buster Posey - ROY???????

I notice Posey is getting a lot of national pub. If the Giants can win the division I think he'll be a lock for the award, especially if the Braves don't make the playoffs.

Banned

Re: Buster Posey - ROY???????

Forgot to add a link to this story

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...pid=sec-sports

I agree, I think its a lock. Not only is he hitting great, he's catching one of the best pitching staffs in baseball. The giants surged in the second half with him as a full time catcher.

Banned

Unhappy Re: Buster Posey - ROY???????

Agreed...he does seem to be pulling away in this race (Sorry, Starlin ).

Dave Miedema

As Joe Morgan says on every Sunday night baseball. Jason Heyward has a slight edge in the fact that he was up winning games and hitting walk offs while Posey was still in the minors. The playoffs will make a difference, but right now the Giants aren't really in any better shape than the Braves.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    As Joe Morgan says on every Sunday night baseball. Jason Heyward has a slight edge in the fact that he was up winning games and hitting walk offs while Posey was still in the minors. The playoffs will make a difference, but right now the Giants aren't really in any better shape than the Braves.
    Are you kidding the Giants are in a much better position than the Braves. They are leading the division and tied for wild card. They have two shots to get in and the Braves have one. Plus the Braves have been falling. Posey plays a much more demanding position and is calling pitches. I wouldn't say Heyward is a stellar outfielder. Even with the east coast bias, Posey is your ROY!

Banned

Angry Re: Buster Posey - ROY???????

Joe Morgan also says that Ryne Sandberg doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame, and has voted against Ron Santo being there...his arrogance far exceeds his expertise.

Dave Miedema

Jason Heyward is an excellent defensive outfielder. Buster Posey is great and he probably deserves the ROY, but in the end I think the hype surrounding Heyward and the extra time in the bigs will make a big difference. Especially when looking at the fact he made the All Star team. As for the Giants playoff push they do have two chances to get in, you are right, but it really just comes down to who wins the most out of the last 10 games. The Braves only have 3 games against teams with a winning record where as the Giants have 6.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Banned

Jason Heyward is an excellent defensive outfielder. Buster Posey is great and he probably deserves the ROY, but in the end I think the hype surrounding Heyward and the extra time in the bigs will make a big difference. Especially when looking at the fact he made the All Star team. As for the Giants playoff push they do have two chances to get in, you are right, but it really just comes down to who wins the most out of the last 10 games. The Braves only have 3 games against teams with a winning record where as the Giants have 6.
    And the Braves are getting it handed to them by the mighty Nats. Big slump and Heward has done zippo.

You don't have to convince me I am a Braves fan and I know they suck. I am not a voter for ROY I am just stating my opinions. Heyward since August 20th has raised his batting average 30 points. I think that is pretty significant. I would rather see Posey get it so I can get some Heyward items when the hype dies down.
    Russell Wuerffel
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com