Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Big Mac staying home in 2007?

I worked at the Hall for a summer as an intern in the library and they say the biggest induction was Brooks Robinson, on account of Baltimore being right there...Cal is gonna break another record. The day he announced he was going to retire, people were calling for reservations for induction weekend. It is going to be amazing!!! I would prefer Mac not be there anyway. Both Tony and Cal as A#1 classy and they should not have one once of controversy on their day. Anyone going?

Chris

I would not miss this induction ceremony if I had to sleep in a tent and walk 15 miles into town. (That might not be too far of a stretch)

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox
    I would prefer Mac not be there anyway. Both Tony and Cal as A#1 classy and they should not have one once of controversy on their day.
    Chris,

I agree. Cal and Tony are too good to be inducted with Mac. I wouldn't mind Jim Rice, Goose, and a few others guys being inducted eventually, but I'd be happy to just see Cal and Tony.

I'm going to try to go...but don't have a place yet and there were no vacancies to be had when we just up there looking.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle
    I would not miss this induction ceremony if I had to sleep in a tent and walk 15 miles into town. (That might not be too far of a stretch)

Brett
    Brett,

You are not alone ... not by far. Next year will be absolute madness. Best of luck with finding a place. It is grim.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I am or was planning to go up on Thursday through Sunday or Monday after the induction ceremony. Depending on how far away I have to stay (say Albany) and drive down, I may rethink those plans. As much as I love Cooperstown, the thought of dealing with crowds in excess of 100,000 people in a small town like Cooperstown is overwhelming. I may end up just going for the HOF ceremony on Sunday and returning at a later date to take everything in. You are right Reid, this is going to be very, very ugly up there.

Brett

I had the "great honor" of meeting McGwire in 1997 spring training and was hoping to get his auto . Didn't even come close to getting his signature , McGwire was a joke , all he would do is walk around and grunt like a cave man . You could see and feel his anger built up inside himself . Not to mention the acne scars on his face , which is usually a tell tale sign of steroids use. Maybe he was having a bad day ????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids
    I had the "great honor" of meeting McGwire in 1997 spring training and was hoping to get his auto . Didn't even come close to getting his signature , McGwire was a joke , all he would do is walk around and grunt like a cave man . You could see and feel his anger built up inside himself . Not to mention the acne scars on his face , which is usually a tell tale sign of steroids use. Maybe he was having a bad day ????
    Wow, Mac grunted?

I didn't know acne scars were a sign of steroid use. Is this documented somewhere? I didn't notice any scars on Barry Bonds, Ralphy Palmiero, Frank Thomas (who I had cocktails with last year so I saw him up-close), Ivan Rodriguez, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Wow, Mac grunted?

I didn't know acne scars were a sign of steroid use. Is this documented somewhere? I didn't notice any scars on Barry Bonds, Ralphy Palmiero, Frank Thomas (who I had cocktails with last year so I saw him up-close), Ivan Rodriguez, etc...
    Uhhhh......yeah. Acne on the back and sometimes on your face is a telltale sign and side effect of steroid use. So is losing your hair, so is an abnormally rapid change in the size of your body. Steroids are a synnthetic version of male hormone testosterone , which is what males start to produce at puberty. What happens when you reach puberty ? You get acne for one thing and your hairline starts receding(although it's not a noticeable thing at that stage in development) So you take abnormally large amounts of this and you accelerate those things that puberty causes.
    Paul

Banned

Didn't Mac have acne issues before anyone accused him of using any drugs?

I wanted to know what other players accused of being abusers had acne issues.

Several sources say Bonds has bad back acne. I don't know about Sosa, Giambi, Palmeiro, etc. It sounds like the heavier the dose, the worse the side-effects...sounds obvious enough. Canseco didn't inject as much or as often as Bonds, so he may not have as bad an acne issue.