Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Big Mac staying home in 2007?

Lets see what happens when the vote does count. I think Pete Rose belongs in the hall before the cheaters like McGwire and you know who. At least he did not cheat to become the hits king.
    John

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963
    Lets see what happens when the vote does count. I think Pete Rose belongs in the hall before the cheaters like McGwire and you know who. At least he did not cheat to become the hits king.
    John
    Prove that comment, really how do you know Pete Rose didn't cheat?

If Pete Rose cheated I certainly hope he did not do so with steroids because he is by no means a ringing endorsement for what steroids can do for power hitters. I doubt that Steroids Are Us is looking to sign Pete to a contract as a spokesman for the benefits of their product.

Brett

Pete Roses' name has never even appeared on a HOF Ballot. The writer's couldn't vote for him even if they wanted to (which I don't think very many would anyway).

One thing for sure we never saw a major changes in Rose's body unlike a particular SF. Giants outfielder. Plus I dont think that Pete had the money to spend on roids after paying for his gambling debts

If I had a vote I would vote yes.What ever happen to innocent until proven guilty? The only way I see a voter not voting him in is if theres hard core evidence that proves he infact did take steriods.The people who are voting for the HOF need to put hands over their eyes and just listen to what Mr. Mcgwire had accomplish.The first thing they would probally say is I what to see his accomplishments for them selves.Baseball can do that.What baseball can not do is prove to the HOF voters that Mr Mcgwire did take steriods.The only thing they can show is a book from The other bash brother and a tape from congress.

On a side note if these voters are voting on hear say and not hard evidence that they can see,They all need to be on jury trials here in CA.Maybe we will have less predators and murders here in the public

Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina1
    What ever happen to innocent until proven guilty? The only way I see a voter not voting him in is if theres hard core evidence that proves he infact did take steriods.
    McGwire was on a performance enhancing drug (or if you prefer, supplement) Androstenedione. It was in his locker for all to see. Including the ones that vote for the HOF: The Baseball Writers of America.

Andro was not banned by baseball at that time, yet I believe voters will not vote for McGwire due to the cheating aspect towards the game.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

If I had a vote I would vote yes.What ever happen to innocent until proven guilty?
    Last time I checked the Hall of Fame voting process was not a court of law.

The only way I see a voter not voting him in is if theres hard core evidence that proves he infact did take steriods.
    Carlie,

I know you're a big McGwire fan, but you should know that many (not just a few) of the baseball writers who have votes have already gone on the record stating that they will never vote for McGwire. I'll be blown away (absolutely flabbergasted) if he gets in this year ... and I would not be too surprised if he does not get in at all (though I'll bet he gets in eventually). I'm not trying to argue with you; but you should prepare yourself for a long road.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.