Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Big Mac staying home in 2007?

I guess Mr.Mcgwire needs to talk to the public as to why he was taking Andro.Your right about what if Ruth,Mantle would have taking care of there health instead of living the Bar life(Read this in books).For me I would say Ted Williams could have gave Aaron a heck of a time catching him for all time HR and he is my hero hands down.Not only giving up baseball to fight for your country but in his HOF speech he did mention that the negro ball players deserve to in this HOF to not keep out cause a race.I'm a 31 old young man who wish he could go back in time and watch real baseball when most players played hard,Play through injury and cared about the fans.Sorry I'm getting of topis
    Carlie Meidna III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

One last thing before I go to bed.What do you all think will happen to Mcgwires Game used value.Will it go up or will it go down.
    Also still looking for my unicorn.A real 1998 sign game used bat of Mcgwire
    Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Do you think McGwire got that big on Andro? Come on now. Just like Bonds. Yeah, a guy who lifts all year round and already takes every legal supplement available is suddenly going to put on 40-50 pounds of muscle in three months??? Andro also won't make your skull grow several sizes larger. Bottom line: Mac juiced...and I wish it weren't true. That doesn't make him a terrible human being, but it also doesn't buy him a spot in the Hall. Well he would have hit ___ anyway. And Tony Oliva would have done ___ if it wasn't for his knees and Conigliaro would have done ___ if he wouldn't have been beaned and Ray Fosse would have ___ if it weren't for that collision and Thurman Munson would have ___ if he hadn't have crashed in that plane..."would have" doesn't get you in Cooperstown.

As far as the 1998 McGwire gamer bats go, I doubt they will ever reach the value they once held, but will always be quite valuable and expensive. A Pete Rose game used corked bat sold at auction a year or two ago...quite valuable and significant. A '98 gamer will always be a significant piece, regardless the context in which it is viewed. This will guarantee it to remain highly sought and, as a result, an expensive addition to any collection.