Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

cracked vs uncracked bat

does anyone have both cracked and uncracked bat in there collection. was wondering what bat gets more attention when someone sees your bat collection.

for everyone else, which bat do you prefer? cracked or uncracked and why?

Re: cracked vs uncracked bat

Hi, this has been covered many times, but my personal preference is cracked, as long as it's not falling apart. If the player was to hand me an uncracked bat I saw him using, this would be ideal but being that this is not usually the case, I prefer lots of use with a nice crack.

Like Yank said, covered many times. I prefer uncracked with alot of use. If I have to - I will do a cracked and repair it. Most of the time I will not buy one as I view it as an eyesore...

RK

Banned

I will go with Yanks comment check the forum this topic has been covered but I personally prefer either one meaning a heavily used bat or a bat showing some decent use with a slight crack, not falling apart but a crack to me shows good use.

I personally don't like to repair cracked bats in my opinion your altering the use the player himself put on that bat, but again thats just my opinion.

Hi -

Both are fine...but bats that are totally hammered get the biggest reaction. Especially bats that are not from batting practice. If a bat has a TON of great legit use on one side, and deadwood covers that section of the barrell, it just looks cool.

I also have a few bats that are cracked, and for me, it adds a little extra to the character of the bat. It actually lived a live (Born and Died)...

Dave

I have a few cracked bats. And a few uncracked. I do like the uncracked because of the game use. It shows it was used til the last at bat.

Cracked vs not cracked

so what do you guys think. Do you value a game used cracked bat less then a none cracked bat. Also how badly of a crack is expectable.

Re: Cracked vs not cracked

Good question....Tons of use uncracked and signed would head my list. Followed by tons of use light crack etc.... For me a crack is never too severe it just boils down to price. I have purchased hammered barrel only bats for $5-$10 bucks. I don't like chunks missing but again I have some in my collection because the price was so low. Oh and of course when trying to find an elusive early Mariner who had under 100 pro AB's sometimes you take what you can get!!

Thanks!
    Davis

I'd say uncracked, but I've talked to collectors who say otherwise. For me, I like use. The more banged up, the better. I like ball marks, seam marks, rack marks - basically anything that makes it looks more used. A light crack doesn't bother me that bad.

But what I hate the worst is when I see a bat that looks like it has barely any use. What a poor excuse to take a collector's money. You know who you are, dealers that do this. I need mention no names.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

A Game Used Bat that is Hammered with all the Markings on the Bat as well.DonutMarkings are also a plus for me as well.Also it can be cracked but not really cracked even though I have a few Gamers Cracked real bad in my Collection.