Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

American League ROY???

Feliz? Jackson? What do you guys think?

Re: American League ROY???

I'm going to have to say Austin Jackson he's had a very solid season.

I'll go with Jackson.

Im biassed but i have to go with feliz. How many games has Jackson won with his bat? More than 20+ of his saves have come in one run games. Without him the rangers wouldnt have one as many games as they have. He also pitches in one of the best hitters parks in baseball. He's dominant and other teams fear him.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

295 batting average 4 homeruns and 37 rbi's and 160+ k's those numbers dont exactly wow you. Feliz is a shutdown closer and jackson looks like a bit piece on a bad team. I know ESPN has hyped him up but those numbers wouldnt strike fear into many AL pitchers.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I would vote Feliz. Jacksons 161 strike outs is bad especially for a leadoff man.

Banned

Exclamation Re: American League ROY???

MLB.com has a poll regarding this question as I write this. Feliz leads at 37%, with Jackson at 34%, and other players garnering 20% or less. For the record, I voted for Feliz.

Dave Miedema

Austin Jackson just scored his 100th run of the season. He just joined a rookie group that has at least 100 runs, 170 hits, 30 doubles, 10 triples, and 20 steals. Only nine rookies in the common era, that's since 1901, have been able to reach all of those marks. Those players are: Shoeless Joe Jackson (1911), Roy Johnson (1929), Evar Swanson (1929), Barney McCosky (1939), Minnie Minoso (1951), Juan Samuel (1984), Nomar Garciaparra (1997), and Hanley Ramirez (2006). Just saying, cause that's my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Austin Jackson just scored his 100th run of the season. He just joined a rookie group that has at least 100 runs, 170 hits, 30 doubles, 10 triples, and 20 steals. Only nine rookies in the common era, that's since 1901, have been able to reach all of those marks. Those players are: Shoeless Joe Jackson (1911), Roy Johnson (1929), Evar Swanson (1929), Barney McCosky (1939), Minnie Minoso (1951), Juan Samuel (1984), Nomar Garciaparra (1997), and Hanley Ramirez (2006). Just saying, cause that's my guy.
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but did you happen to see what Neftali did today?

I know what he did, he set the record for most saves by a rookie playing the most stressful position in baseball.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington