Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
So if I encounter a hat purported to be from 2002 and it has what you picture as the 2005 Company Tag (without made in the usa) and the Taping is the white background as shown, then I should be confident the hat can only be a 2005?
Sorry I did some quick research to get more samples. Thats one of the hard parts of keeping to my methodology (from first post, "i try to get exemplars of player hats of players who have played for a specific team for 2 or less seasons so that the taggging can be pinpointed for a specific year"). I think its too rigid and some great examples of player for have been with a team over two years were not taken into consideration. Adding these to the samples and also looking at the chronology history provided by New Era's website I have changed my position on these two periods

2001-2002 Made in USA
2003-2005 Globalization

New era opened other manufacturing places in 2003 and it makes sense using the additional examples and the history provided in website.

The error of extending the tag of the made in USA to 2004 was due to an exemplar with excellent provenance that most likely used old invertory.

There is an example of 2002 hat that had the Global Tag that was from the World Series so possibly the Global tag (without the made in USA tag)was introduced late 2002 but just haven't had time to valid it.

For me, it been awhile looking at hats, checking to see whether the primer holds true and sometime getting away and revisiting allows perception to be removed and/or refreshed.

If you have a example that does not fit the primer please post or email me.

rdeversole, please email me or post here. i did additional research because you are a long time member and wanted to make sure you did not pass an opportunity just because of the primer.