12 38.71%
  • No

11 35.48%
  • Pay him whatever it takes

8 25.81%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: To Sign Jeter Or Not!!

If the Yankees can let Babe Ruth go, they can let anyone go. The game is bigger than one man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan View Post
    If the Yankees can let Babe Ruth go, they can let anyone go. The game is bigger than one man.
    You can't compare Babe Ruth's situation and Derek Jeter's situation. Different world, different time, different rules of free agency, different ownership, different alcohol habits, different circumstances, different strokes.

Just the thought of Jeter in another uniform makes me queezy! He will sign. No matter what the price he signs for, people are gonna call it too much. He's had a down year but nothing to say he won't bounce back next year. If even slightly.

Besides, who to play SS if he leaves? Nunez or Pena aren't ready. No decent free agents...

I hope they resign him, but i also think he would look good in a royals uniform. With him and arod on the same side of the infield bet theres a 100 ground balls that get through that a normal infield would be able to get.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    You can't compare Babe Ruth's situation and Derek Jeter's situation. Different world, different time, different rules of free agency, different ownership, different alcohol habits, different circumstances, different strokes.
    Two players who are the face of the franchise. Two players on their way down as far as their talent. Huge bucks to resign them or save for the future of the franchise instead. Fan favorites. Fans crying about how much they meant to the team in the past.
    Yea, I can compare them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan View Post
    Two players who are the face of the franchise. Two players on their way down as far as their talent. Huge bucks to resign them or save for the future of the franchise instead. Fan favorites. Fans crying about how much they meant to the team in the past.
    Yea, I can compare them.
    One was a fat drunk, the other appears to be in fine shape.

You can compare whatever you want, in this debate there is no connection between the two.

Banned

There is comparision in my eyes and unless you are God then you have no right to tell me to think other wise.
    Now if you want to debate then we can like civilized people.
    If you want to just state that your opinion is absolute over and over again, as you keep doing, then you can talk to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Finally, after many years you and I finally agree on something!
    Have we had that many disagreements? There's been a few times when I couldnt keep my fingers off the keyboard, but I try my best not to get caught up in the arguments. Anyway, glad we agree on something I would really hate to see Jeter go.

-Chris

Obviously Braves fan has the right to his opinion. But if you look at the facts, Ruth was at the end of his career and did not even complete his last season. He was aging , and like many athletes of his era was never in the best of shape even at the height of his career. His last year he was in even worse condition. Jeter, on the contrary, is in excellent shape. While he has reached the point because of age where his career is in decline he would be a welcome addition for several teams if he were available to them. While its never possible to know for sure how quickly an athletes career will decline, where Jeter is now and Ruth was them do not appear to be comparable.

Banned

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b79Kg
    Derek Jeter plays the Babe Ruth card