Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 1977 Carlton Fisk possible surprise gamer?

Thanks...I saw that....anyone have an idea what a current market value would be on the Fisk?

Quote Originally Posted by CTjerseys1964 View Post
    The jersey is DEF not grey.....I showed it to several Red Sox collectors who have jerseys from the same era (some even from 1977) and there HOME white jerseys are heavily faded as well...they also had a few GREY Pawtucket jerseys in there collection and rest assured the FISK is not close to their GREY jerseys...in any case I will prob send to MEARS although I feel confident it is good
    Just passing along one man's opinion as he did have it in hand. I would welcome his post on here but he has yet to do so.

It will be interesting to see if Lon Lewis responds and what his response will be.

Thanks...I saw that....anyone have an idea what a current market value would be on the Fisk?
    I would guess about 5K retail and 3 - 4K at auction. Not bad for a $500 investment.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wanted to update this thread...I received an email from Lon Lewis...he stated that the jersey is a very faded and heavily soiled home white jersey....he checked his records for Fisk order sizes for 1977 and it was a size 45....I am now looking for opinions on this jersey as to whether or not it is legit....any help or opinions are appreciated, and thanks Mr. Lewis for your help and response.

The 1978 Red Sox year book has a photo of Fisk in home white on the cover. Photo probably taken in 1977. Although it's a side angel, it my have some characteristics to help identify. Perhaps you could obtain the yearbook or find a better, close-up photo. I don't have it, so I don't know what other photos are in it. I believe there is also a "second edition" yearbook for 1978 as well. Generally many of the photos are from previous season or ST.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I wanted to update this thread...I received an email from Lon Lewis...he stated that the jersey is a very faded and heavily soiled home white jersey....he checked his records for Fisk order sizes for 1977 and it was a size 45....I am now looking for opinions on this jersey as to whether or not it is legit....any help or opinions are appreciated, and thanks Mr. Lewis for your help and response.
    Well if Fisk ordered all 45's and yours is a 44 there is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Well if Fisk ordered all 45's and yours is a 44 there is your answer.
    Yup, I agree

Scott, Whoa, I didn't say that it was a home jersey. I said I couldn't tell. There's a big difference. Please don't make things up just to serve your own needs.

Thumbs up Re: 1977 Carlton Fisk possible surprise gamer?

Quote Originally Posted by lon lewis View Post
    Scott, Whoa, I didn't say that it was a home jersey. I said I couldn't tell. There's a big difference. Please don't make things up just to serve your own needs.
    I think he really wants this jersey to be something it is not. I recieved an email from a HUGE Red Sox collector and he told me flat out he inspected it and it is a Pawsox jersey. Some people just do not get it.

It is still a nice jersey with a a Fisk auto. Nothing more nothing less. Hopefully it does not wind up on ebay or another auction as a game used Fisk.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    when YOU capitalize random WORDS it doesn't HELP get your point ACROSS it just makes your post really ANNOYING to READ
    Really?!?!?!