Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Game Used Bat Stairway Banisters.....

Reminds me of something I think I must have seen in an auction catalog, once. It was a bench, the kind with a back and arms, about the size of a standard loveseat, made out of GU bats. The thing is, the bench had been crafted a long, long time ago - I seem to recall it was made by a major league coach - and the bats were from the '20s and '30s. Of course, that was back in the day when even a lot of stars' bats ended up in a garbage bin or somebody's fire.

Before I bought my current house, in '01, I was actually looking for a place with a long hallway; I had in mind installing shallow, glass-fronted, floor level cutouts on either side, the length of the hall, with internal lighting, and of course filling them with upright gamers. That didn't happen. Maybe the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    That hurts, but I don't think it will hurt anybody to use some Greg Norton bats, besides most of those were swung without ever hitting anything.

You can say that, but remember one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I was heartbroken when I stumbled across an ebay auction for an ugly, wobbly, triangular coffee table with the three legs made of 3 game used baseball bats each cut in thirds with the table and a shelf inserted between the cuts. One of the "scrub" firewood bats was one of the nicest game used examples I've ever seen of one of my childhood favorites...
    8 time gold glover Frank White.

The guy who listed it even said something like, "One bat is signed and shows great use, looks like it says Frank White. I don't know who that is, he mustve played before I can remember, so I used it in this table. Anybody know if he was any good?"

So, if you want to do it, the only way I'd be supportive is if you used the no name minor league bats. Otherwise I'm afraid some day I'll see another awesome Frank White bat bolted to a handrail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Reminds me of something I think I must have seen in an auction catalog, once. It was a bench, the kind with a back and arms, about the size of a standard loveseat, made out of GU bats. The thing is, the bench had been crafted a long, long time ago - I seem to recall it was made by a major league coach - and the bats were from the '20s and '30s. Of course, that was back in the day when even a lot of stars' bats ended up in a garbage bin or somebody's fire.
    I remember that bench in the auction. It was beautiful.

I could of sworn it had bats from Ruth, Cobb, and many other HOF's in it. Had a leather pad running accross it. I remember it seeling for a pretty hefty price.

Here they are!

Just put these up.... The bats are Jon Farrell, Garth Iorg, Wayne Nordhagen and Tom Foley......

Still waiting for the glue to dry on one of the bats. I repaired them to keep any of the kids from getting any splinters......

The bats only have four screw holes in them, so they are still in a collectible state!

Name:  banister2.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  223.8 KBName:  banister1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  334.1 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...