Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

WOW, another Pujols home run baseball!

I'm not questioning this, just making note that this is the 3rd Pujols ball up for auction this year. All caught on video outside the stadium. I offered what I thought was a large amount on the last one only to be outbid. 12 grand is a stretch, but very valuable especially if its his last one of the year and he wins the Hr crown and MVP again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-GA...item1c15e9f4e5

Banned

Thumbs up Re: WOW, another Pujols home run baseball!

Although I, too, have no questions regarding the authenticity of the ball, I'm curious how he has video of him catching the ball. He admits on his own website (www.ballhawk.net) that he DIDN'T catch the ball...it was picked up on the roll by a doorman of a Kenmore Avenue apartment building, and he struck a deal with the doorman for it. The actual story was noted on the website because it was the first (and only) time in 2010 that a ball was caught/retrieved by someone who he doesn't consider a Ballhawk.
    Does that mean WGN or Comcast took video of him working a deal with a doorman? Like I said, it's the real deal, but I'd love to find out how there's video of him catching a ball that was initially claimed by someone else...

Dave Miedema

Re: WOW, another Pujols home run baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Although I, too, have no questions regarding the authenticity of the ball, I'm curious how he has video of him catching the ball. He admits on his own website (www.ballhawk.net) that he DIDN'T catch the ball...it was picked up on the roll by a doorman of a Kenmore Avenue apartment building, and he struck a deal with the doorman for it. The actual story was noted on the website because it was the first (and only) time in 2010 that a ball was caught/retrieved by someone who he doesn't consider a Ballhawk.
    Does that mean WGN or Comcast took video of him working a deal with a doorman? Like I said, it's the real deal, but I'd love to find out how there's video of him catching a ball that was initially claimed by someone else...

Dave Miedema

LOL , I just won 10 bucks !

When I first saw this post I bet my buddy Moe that Dave M. would be the FIRST to comment. He said no way . I win !!!

Anyways , back to the question at hand. In my auction I do not in any way say I caught it , and I yes I actually do have a video interview ( below ) and photos with Ryan the doorman plus some about 3 minutes of pretty funny commentary with Moe and other ballhawks on how that ball would NOT have been caught on the fly by any ballhawk because it nicked the railing on the back of the bleachers. Moe cracks me up !!

Ryan the doorman couldn't have cared less about the ball , so Moe and I pooled our cash and bought it . Its history !! The guy was gonna toss it in a drawer ... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzPYyVlkz9M

With the other 2 Pujols hrs , I do have running tape of those during the actual hrs leaving the park , like I do on a lot of them this year. You think its hard catching a ball , try doing it with a camera in your other hand ...
    Ive gone through 3 cameras this year ... lol

Banned

Wink Re: WOW, another Pujols home run baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawknet View Post
    LOL , I just won 10 bucks !

When I first saw this post I bet my buddy Moe that Dave M. would be the FIRST to comment. He said no way . I win !!!

Anyways , back to the question at hand. In my auction I do not in any way say I caught it , and I yes I actually do have a video interview ( below ) and photos with Ryan the doorman plus some about 3 minutes of pretty funny commentary with Moe and other ballhawks on how that ball would NOT have been caught on the fly by any ballhawk because it nicked the railing on the back of the bleachers. Moe cracks me up !!

Ryan the doorman couldn't have cared less about the ball , so Moe and I pooled our cash and bought it . Its history !! The guy was gonna toss it in a drawer ... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzPYyVlkz9M

With the other 2 Pujols hrs , I do have running tape of those during the actual hrs leaving the park , like I do on a lot of them this year. You think its hard catching a ball , try doing it with a camera in your other hand ...
    Ive gone through 3 cameras this year ... lol
    Dave D.:

Glad I helped you win a ten-spot...WHERE'S MY CUT?

Dave M.

Just got back from the Hall of Fame where they had a special showing of the Ballhawks movie ... and I thought this was pretty cool. The HR leader board.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Votto beats out Pujols for MVP! Making this ball a little less valuable. Still a great item.