Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gorilla777
    • Aug 2009

Re: October pickups....

Not an October pickup, just very late in posting.

This bat is one of my favorites in my collection, at least in the top 3-5 bats I own.

It is a very rare Jim Catfish Hunter 1969 H&B M110 Flame Treated model, this being 1 of only 2 M110 model bats ordered in this size and weight, tracing to a July '69 order specifically.
    It has very heavy use, especially for a pitcher's bat, with many ball marks and deep seam impressions and a heavy coat of vintage pine tar.

Ben
    Attached Files

Comment

• gorilla777
      • Aug 2009

Also late in posting this one. And like the Catfish bat, would be easily in my top 5 in the collection, if not the favorite.

1983 Cal Ripken Jr. LVS P72 Flame Treated finish

This bat dates specifically to both Cal's MVP season and the Orioles World Championship year. In the records, Cal ordered this bat only in '83 and just two times, in late May and late September.
      The usage is tremendous, with heavy seam and ball marks, very distinct blue ink transfers all over the barrel, along with cleat marks and shoe scuffs. Also, the early career snowman shaped "8" on the knob. Just about a perfect Ripken gamer and one of my favorites.

Ben
      Attached Files

Comment

• cohibasmoker
        Banned
        • Aug 2005

Just picked up a Cowboys Riddell Kra-Lite suspension helmet. The clock inside the helmet dates it to 1974 and it appears to totally original.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
        Attached Files

Comment

• camarokids
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by dunner44
          Awesome bats!
          +1 , I concur! Nice bats Ben!
          Thank you,
          David

This is my email address here!
          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by joelsabi
            Very cool. The inscription read

Lord Jesus Christ
            Without you I am nothing.
            You are my Savior and my Light

When you have the chance add this to the Hats with Inscription thread.

Thanks for the translations Joel & Ricardo!

I will add to the other thread.....
            Thank you,
            David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• Rob L
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by platinum1
              Well my Daughter added her first ever game used piece at last nights White Sox game.
              Big Papi came over to her and gave her his batting gloves . We also got a ball later on.
              I cant wait to get them framed for her.
              What a thrill for your daughter. An awesome memory for both you and her. We had a similar episode when my son was 6 and daughter was 1. At an Angels game, we sat in the first row above the bullpen. I believe the Angels were playing the Jays. Lance Painter got up for the Jays and began warming up. A bunch of 8 to 12 year old boys were yelling at him and asking for the ball. My son was sitting quietly next to me and my daughter was in my lap. Lance finished his warmup, looked at the boys yelling at him, pointed to my son and daughter and tossed me the ball. My son was stoked and my daughter, who is 10 now, still has the ball. We are Angel honks to the core but we rooted for him while he was pitching!
              Rob L
              loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• camarokids
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by joelsabi

When you have the chance add this to the Hats with Inscription thread.

Joel,
                I could not find the thread....
                Thank you,
                David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• platinum1
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Rob L
                  What a thrill for your daughter. An awesome memory for both you and her. We had a similar episode when my son was 6 and daughter was 1. At an Angels game, we sat in the first row above the bullpen. I believe the Angels were playing the Jays. Lance Painter got up for the Jays and began warming up. A bunch of 8 to 12 year old boys were yelling at him and asking for the ball. My son was sitting quietly next to me and my daughter was in my lap. Lance finished his warmup, looked at the boys yelling at him, pointed to my son and daughter and tossed me the ball. My son was stoked and my daughter, who is 10 now, still has the ball. We are Angel honks to the core but we rooted for him while he was pitching!
                  I agree my daughter is a Big Papi fan now and she is a HUGE White Sox fan

Comment

• Rob L
                    • Nov 2005

Thanks to Greg Walker for this one. Likely the last issued jersey for Jim Morris (The Rookie). TBTC jersey from 5/29/2000. Morris was DLed on 5/16/2000. This is probably the last issued jersey that was made for Morris and obviously was not used. Also included was a Morris GU Cap.
                    Attached Files
                    Rob L
                    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• lambogreenjoeyb
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2010

Got this stuff from Jon Jay at a signing yesterday:

*Game Used Civil Rights Game Jersey (Got from Jeff from Birdbats, Signed and Inscripted yesterday)

*Game Used Wristbands (Jon gave them to me)

*Autographed Ball

Me & Jon

Comment

• Preston
                        • Mar 2010

I got lucky at the Titans/Broncos game (even though I had a glove ripped out of my hand after the game and another one that was tossed to me, then hit the field, then given to someone else), as I caught a glove from arguably the greatest college football player ever - Tim Tebow.

This is my first "pink" breast cancer glove as I know the players are encouraged to not throw them into the stands, rather hold on to them and let the NFL auction them for charity.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
                          • Jun 2006

Bob Bryan match used Prince tennis racket. This racket was used during the US Open Finals and the "#62, 63, 64, 65" inscription signify the rackets' use during the Bryan Brothers career titles 62 through 65. Tennis items are very uncommon and this is already my favorite in my collection.

Comment

• geoff
                            • Nov 2005

I got A Adam Jones Unwashed Signed Game Used Jersey that He Used on this Sunday Oct 3 2010.I Won The Chance in A Grab Bag to go on The Field after The Game Sunday And got Picked to get Adam Jones Jersey.He Took it off in front of me then Signed it.The Orioles were Calling it Shirts off The Players Back.Then it got Authenticated on The Field As well.The Jersey Stinks And Shows really good Game Use.Any Idea's of getting that Stink Away?No Pics though because I can never Figure out how to do it on here.

Thanks
                            Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Comment

• mlbforeverhomer
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

I acquired a HAMMERED Miguel Tejada 08 Black LVS bat with 49 spike marks, uncountable ball marks!!! This bat has Biggio type pine tar/mota from the knob to the LVS trade mark.

Comment

• shoremen44
                                • Jul 2007

been a while for me for some pickups...

2 Matt Wieters bats... both totally hammered with use

2008 Rawlings Pre-Rookie bat (old logo)
                                2010 Rawlings... photomatched to spring training
                                Attached Files
                                Bert
                                ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

Working...