Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The ALEXANDER game used jersey collection

For your viewing pleasure, I present the greatest game used / game worn ALEXANDER jersey collection in the WORLD! When my son Alex was born in 1986, I found a Charles Alexander game used Los Angeles Rams jersey for sale in a Hartel Sports catalog. I thought that would be a cool thing to buy for my son. Up until 5 years ago, I hadn't given much thought about trying to obtain more ALEXANDER jerseys. I started checking out eBay and was surprised at the number of ALEXANDER jerseys available. Fast forward to the present and there are now 63 ALEXANDER game worn / game used jerseys in my collection. The only one I don't have pictured is a Joe Alexander, Los Bulls jersey from last year. That one hangs in my son's home.

I have only one hockey jersey, 3 pro lacrosse jerseys, a WNBA jersey, 2 soccer jerseys (1 of them is foreign), and many pro and college football jerseys, and some minor and major league baseball jerseys. The 3 pictures of the jerseys in the showcase are my favorites. The Rams jersey which started it all, a 1977 Oakland A's jersey, and a Dallas Cowboys jersey. Enjoy the pictures!

I am always looking to add to the World's Greatest ALEXANDER game used jersey collection!
    Contact me at JEFFREDSFAN1975@YAHOO.COM
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Re: The ALEXANDER game used jersey collection

Thats a great collection
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Thank you Ryan! My goal is 100 jerseys and then I told my wife I would stop. She said, "no you won't." I married a smart woman!

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Thats a great collection
    Good one. You beat me to it.

that d'alecandro one made me chuckle a little. Awesome collection.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Thank you for the wonderful comments. This is one (collecting ALEXANDER jerseys) of the few areas of the hobby that hasn't soured me yet. I get so frustrated with all the negative issues with game used equipment. The authenticating of jerseys has turned into a circus. Some people and companies , who I thought were above reproach, that I thought were the gold standard, are getting torched in this forum and elsewhere.

Anyway, my ALEXANDER collection is a labor of love and a great source of joy and satisfaction. I've started 2 new collections for my grandsons, EARL and LOAGEN. I've been able to obtain a few EARL game used jerseys but for some reason, my daughter decided to spell Loagen's name with an "A" in it. I have to improvise on this one. I've been buying LOGEN / LOGAN jerseys for him (I also have a few CURLEY / KIRLEY jerseys for him because when he was young, he was bald and chunky - he looked like CURLY from the 3 Stooges.

Collect what you love and if you're fortunate, you'll be able to pass it on to those you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffredsfan View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful comments. This is one (collecting ALEXANDER jerseys) of the few areas of the hobby that hasn't soured me yet. I get so frustrated with all the negative issues with game used equipment. The authenticating of jerseys has turned into a circus. Some people and companies , who I thought were above reproach, that I thought were the gold standard, are getting torched in this forum and elsewhere.

Anyway, my ALEXANDER collection is a labor of love and a great source of joy and satisfaction. I've started 2 new collections for my grandsons, EARL and LOAGEN. I've been able to obtain a few EARL game used jerseys but for some reason, my daughter decided to spell Loagen's name with an "A" in it. I have to improvise on this one. I've been buying LOGEN / LOGAN jerseys for him (I also have a few CURLEY / KIRLEY jerseys for him because when he was young, he was bald and chunky - he looked like CURLY from the 3 Stooges.

Collect what you love and if you're fortunate, you'll be able to pass it on to those you love.
    6 more jerseys have been added to the Alexander game used / game worn collection. Included are a couple of Russian hockey jerseys (Alexandrov) a Bulls Joe Alexander, a Cavs Victor Alexander, and 2 Cleveland Browns practice jerseys. A Redskins 1999 Steven Alexander jersey is on it's way from Mark at Gridiron Exchange.

My collection now stands at 69 jerseys. 100 is the goal!

Attached Images Attached Images    

Wonderfull collection. I like your reason to collect 'Alexander' jerseys.
    Where did you get the Victor Alexander (Cavs) jersey? Is it game-issued? He never played a game for the Cavs so this jersey is quit rare I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Robster744 View Post
    Wonderfull collection. I like your reason to collect 'Alexander' jerseys.
    Where did you get the Victor Alexander (Cavs) jersey? Is it game-issued? He never played a game for the Cavs so this jersey is quit rare I think.
    Thanks for the nice comments. You're right, Victor never played for the Cavs. He was traded to them, failed his physical, and sent back to Toronto(I think). This is a game issued jersey.

More ALEXANDER jerseys coming! Stay tuned!