Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Stuff

My Stuff

I love this site and especially looking at other scollections.

I don't have a large collection and still trying to locate a Cory Schlesinger jersey.

Here are my two items

Game used signed Dave Nilsson Milwaukee Brewers Jersey-

Joel Zumaya Game used Hat

Thanks for looking and a big thanks to all the contributors here....

Re: My Stuff

Owen, welcome to the site! Love the Nilsson jersey. Is there any provenance behind it? If I ever see it in the FS of OzCards I'll be jumping on it! I'm hoping this site can help me pick up some Aussie GU stuff!

Cheers mate,
    Mark.

Great to see you here as well Mark....I would sell the Nilsson if I could ever get a Cory Schlesinger GU jersey

Everybody starts somewhere with their collection, and not everybody has the space or money to devote to the museum-like collections that some people have on here! It looks like a good start to a collection!

Thanks Dan.

got a nilsson bat

Owen,

Looks like your collection has a good focus to it, which is key in my opinion (unless you have unlimited space and money!). It took me a long time to get my collecting focused enough to not be overwhelming. A lot of the fun is in the search for items that fit in your focus. I may only add an item every year or two, but when I do, it is usually something pretty special.

Nice bat owen! Would look good with the jersey. You going to get the bat signed at an ABL game?

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    Nice bat owen! Would look good with the jersey. You going to get the bat signed at an ABL game?

Mark.

Yeah I should I know he is now involved with one of the ABL Teams.

I may need to save some space for a new acquisition soon Klattsy. I will let you know if I need to move the Nilsson jersey...

Banned

Lightbulb Re: My Stuff

Owen:

In case you need the information, I offer the following;

The jersey was worn in 1992 spring training, where BP jerseys like this are worn in games by many ballclubs. Nilsson wore #13 that spring session. Nilsson wore #11 in the regular season (also his rookie season). In 1991 spring training, Nilsson was on the spring roster, but was issued #54. He did not make it up to the Show that season:

Thoughts on an inexpensive collection focus or two:

One BP jersey from each team. BP jerseys are almost all under $100 for commons, and are colorful.

One cap from each team. Caps are even cheaper, often under $20 each for commons. You can even get decent names sometimes for under 50 bucks.

Once you have achieved either goal, you can branch out and do different styles for your favorite teams.

Good luck in your hobby adventures.

Dave Miedema