Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Smile Call Ripley's...Philly Fans show some class!

I was stunned to hear the standing O that Donovan McNabb got from Eagles fans before the Sunday Redskins-Eagles game. This is the second least likely scenario imaginable in American/Canadian pro sports. The first (Cubs win the World Series) might actually happen during my remaining lifetime. Thanks, Philly fan, for acting out of character in a positive way.

Dave Miedema

Re: Call Ripley's...Philly Fans show some class!

Being an Eagles season ticket holder for 20 years, I have seen it all. Including many things that get waaaaaaay overblown (and often simply made up) by the media. Philly fans being ruly and unclassy is overblown and exaggerated because of a snowball being thrown at Santa over 40 years ago.

Having seen numerous games (both football and baseball) elsewhere, I would rank NY Yankees and Chicago Cubs as the worst for fans. Wrigley fans being the worst. Sorry, just calling as I have seen it .... and many have never experienced actually attending a sporting event in Philly.

Everyone here KNEW McNabb was going to get a standing O .....
    looking for Phillies GU bats

I live in Philly (not from though) and have been here for several years now. I would have done the same had I been at the game. Applause for intro, then boo your heart out like he was any other opposing QB.

And I think the above mentioned is fourth likeliest behind the Cubs winning, my beloved Buffalo teams winning any titles (I don't count the Bandits as a major title despite it being very cool) and same for Cleveland teams.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Being an Eagles season ticket holder for 20 years, I have seen it all. Including many things that get waaaaaaay overblown (and often simply made up) by the media. Philly fans being ruly and unclassy is overblown and exaggerated because of a snowball being thrown at Santa over 40 years ago.

Having seen numerous games (both football and baseball) elsewhere, I would rank NY Yankees and Chicago Cubs as the worst for fans. Wrigley fans being the worst. Sorry, just calling as I have seen it .... and many have never experienced actually attending a sporting event in Philly.

Everyone here KNEW McNabb was going to get a standing O .....
    I think it has more to do with a fan getting beaten to death outside of the stadium, and another fan puking on a young girl at a Phillies game.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com