Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Why Game Used Equipemnt Only?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    You will never show a player one of his Baseball cards, and watch him hold it lovingly while examining it, maybe take a half swing with it, and hear him say the words, "Yeah, this was a good one!"
    GW -

I'm more of a Jersey and Hat guy, but on the same note, I've had many a player ask, "How did you get my hat/jersey/etc.?".

Then you get to have a bit more of a conversation with them about the item itself, the game, etc.

Cases in point for me all have to do with Matt Holliday - I own his 1st 'MLB' jersey from his 1st MLB Spring Training (2000), 1st All Star Game BP jersey (THANKS ANDREW LANG!!!), Hat from his 1st World Series as well as the ORIGINAL artwork (oil painting) for his 2005 Diamond Kings card.

The 2000 ST jersey got Matt chatting with me, the Oil Painting got us talking more and since then, I can be in a crowd that is calling for Matt and if I call out, he will search me out and sign my items for me - in fact this just happened about two weeks ago at Coors Field when he signed the 06 ASG jersey (Gamer) as well as a 2007 ASG Jersey (replica/authentic) for me.

In 2008 when I took a Seth Smith Game Used WS Hat to ST, Seth and I got into a conversation about how the Rockies disperse player's uniform pieces after the season after he asked me, 'How the hell did you get my GU World Series Hat?'

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    GW -

I can be in a crowd that is calling for Matt and if I call out, he will search me out and sign my items for me - in fact this just happened about two weeks ago at Coors Field when he signed the 06 ASG jersey (Gamer) as well as a 2007 ASG Jersey (replica/authentic) for me.

- Chris
    Thats like the biggest compliment a player can give a fan: to single you out and treat you different than the rest of the crowd. He must really know you are a huge fan.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

GW -

I'm more of a Jersey and Hat guy, but on the same note, I've had many a player ask, "How did you get my hat/jersey/etc.?".

Then you get to have a bit more of a conversation with them about the item itself, the game, etc.

Cases in point for me all have to do with Matt Holliday - I own his 1st 'MLB' jersey from his 1st MLB Spring Training (2000), 1st All Star Game BP jersey (THANKS ANDREW LANG!!!), Hat from his 1st World Series as well as the ORIGINAL artwork (oil painting) for his 2005 Diamond Kings card.

The 2000 ST jersey got Matt chatting with me, the Oil Painting got us talking more and since then, I can be in a crowd that is calling for Matt and if I call out, he will search me out and sign my items for me - in fact this just happened about two weeks ago at Coors Field when he signed the 06 ASG jersey (Gamer) as well as a 2007 ASG Jersey (replica/authentic) for me.

In 2008 when I took a Seth Smith Game Used WS Hat to ST, Seth and I got into a conversation about how the Rockies disperse player's uniform pieces after the season after he asked me, 'How the hell did you get my GU World Series Hat?'

- Chris
    That is awesome you got the All Star BP signed!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Thats like the biggest compliment a player can give a fan: to single you out and treat you different than the rest of the crowd. He must really know you are a huge fan.
    Joel -

I would be lying if I said it doesn't make me feel special. At the 1st game here, after I had called at Matt and he looked up and pointed me out, he went over and signed at the rail for all of the fans. I patiently waited above the dugout (10 rows up per Coors Field policy) and when Matt came in, he looked up and waved me down and kind of gave me a 'private' signing if you will as I am the only person who got called down to the dugout by him.

Matt is an awesome guy and has always been great ever since I pulled out his 2000 ST jersey (he was #84 - not very high in the pecking order at the time) when he 1st came up with the Rockies for him to sign, we just kind of clicked and he has always been kind with his time to sign for me and recognize my wife and myself even when we have just been part of the crowd at public signings he did here in Denver. Whenever we would approach the signing table, he would always stand up and greet us and ask what I had for him that day or what inscription I needed added...

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    That is awesome you got the All Star BP signed!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!
    Andrew -

Thanks again for everything!!! I told you it would be signed and inscribed before the Cardinals left!!!

- Chris

Andrew -

Thanks again for everything!!! I told you it would be signed and inscribed before the Cardinals left!!!

- Chris
    That is SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice "Game Used" inscription too!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500